PDA

View Full Version : Spotted today, Y reg Nova

Jack
01-08-07, 05:51 PM
Just outside of Abbey Manor Tesco express in Yeovil. Red, Y reg, 1.2 iirc, absolutely immaculate condition!

Damn, we need some flyers :D

Teggy
01-08-07, 05:53 PM
dint you get a photo lol

Jack
01-08-07, 05:55 PM
Yes :D but its on my phone so a) rubbish and b) I can't be bothered to upload it lol

Vauxhall Owners Club cap on the rear shelf as well, but a quick scan of their site hasn't turned up any local Nova drivers

Teggy
01-08-07, 05:57 PM
lol guess you should upload it when your ready to share with the rest of us lol

Philsutton
01-08-07, 06:01 PM
There is a Y reg that comes to the garage, its seriously mint. Only goes to the shops once a week. Got about 20k on the clock and its a 2 door saloon. They wont sell it though :(

hendrix
02-08-07, 09:02 AM
I saw an X reg nova once, was really tidy too

Mike
02-08-07, 09:45 AM
I saw a Opel Corsa A in Leamington Spaz, black, pretty mint condition aswell

craig green
02-08-07, 10:03 AM
Being a Y reg its bound to be mint. UK made allegedly....

hendrix
02-08-07, 10:25 AM
...or is that like the field in spain full of nova shells?? ha. I'd actually never heard that rumour though.

craig green
02-08-07, 10:32 AM
A field full of Novas in spain just sounds like a pikey manufactured rumour though... too good to be true. Not quite sure you'd want a Nova that has been sat in strong sunlight for years tbh.

Other people have agreed with me in the past about the earliest Novas being UK made. Production was shifted to Spain after the prototypes & first ones were successfull I guess?

Jack
02-08-07, 10:53 AM
Mmm, I'd heard about early ones - X to A/B reg - being British Built with better quality metal and paints, hence not rusting as much as later ones, which does make sense as the few early Novas I've seen have been in considerably better condition than most others! Wonder if there's any way to get vauxhall to confirm or deny this?

Although of course it could just be that they are the ones that have been owned by the older drivers since new, do 500 miles a year, and keep the thing in a dry garage!

Mike
02-08-07, 11:01 AM
A field full of Novas in spain just sounds like a pikey manufactured rumour though...

Agreed, if it were true, why, after 20years, has it not been found and raided for parts.

*Back on topic

womble sri
02-08-07, 11:12 AM
there is a girl driving an opel corsa gt near me im yet to see it but my friend has.

Novasport
02-08-07, 11:55 AM
Some rumours do come true but I dont think the 'Field of Nova's' one is unfortunately.
A few years ago I heard a rumour about a new 3dr base model bodyshell that had been sat in a garage unused for 12 years, that one came true. Its now sat in my garage :D
An X reg Nova is very rare, must have been an early dealer demo or press car, seen a few Y reg ones over the years but there aint many of them either!

Ash
02-08-07, 01:00 PM
RJ have you seen the mint mk1 blue coupe, C Reg I think. I want to stop the owner and buy it but it's always going the other way and that could be dangerous. lol

Jack
02-08-07, 01:18 PM
No? Just as well, else I'd probably end up chasing him to sell it too :D

GRUNT 16V
02-08-07, 01:23 PM
Do you come frome yeovil Razor jack???????
as im down there sometimes in the Nova

Philsutton
02-08-07, 01:36 PM
There are a fook load of mint novas in spain / portugal, however they arent in one big field. They are dumped under trees or ect.. There is a seriously mint early mk1 under a tree next to my dads house in portugal thats been there for years.

Here is one i found in the town

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/Photo-0062.jpg

And for anyone that says go over buy some an drive them back to make some money, cars cost about 8 times as much over there as they do here. Hard to believe and hence why people generally buy one car an have it for about 50 years.

They had a p reg corsa b, 5 door diesel on a forecourt for about 8k when i looked :eek:

hendrix
02-08-07, 02:13 PM
ill second that one phil, a guy in Greece was telling me that he sold a 22 year old car for about 1800 quid

Jack
02-08-07, 02:17 PM
If you had a mint, original, low-mileage and rust free 22 year old Nova over here you could probably find someone to give you ?1800 for it lol

hendrix
02-08-07, 02:20 PM
I think this was a nissan sunny or something lmao lol lol

Ash
05-09-07, 12:13 PM
RJ - i've seen it, plus a stupidly mint and very shiney X-Reg one in red driven by an old boy. Mum was in the car and did understand why i got excited about a nova lol

Steve
09-09-07, 06:49 PM
I saw a y-reg over in rochester one night, looked like an elderly driver as well!

Was mint though, red 2-dr saloon. Don't suppose anyone knows who owns it?! lol

novacabrio
09-09-07, 07:04 PM
The nova was launched in 1982 (August I belive) in europe and not in the uk until 1983 so the earliest uk car would be a Y reg (these being very early cars) an X must of been a imported car or a private plate.

The Nova has always been built in spain as far as I know, its to expensive to move a production line once its built. you'd need 2 production lines or else production would need to stop for months.

http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/index.php?seite=History.htm

worth translating that unless steve can for us all