PDA

View Full Version : gsi master cylinder

novajoe20
01-08-07, 11:27 AM
would it make my brakes any better to run a gsi master cylinder and diaphragm with my 2ltr calipers, would it make the brakes any better. It may be a stupid question but save me thinking the wrong thing. any help would be much appreciated :thumb:

Stuart
01-08-07, 11:52 AM
marginal gain.... BUT its worth knowing that the smaller the piston bore the higher the pressure at the brake caliper so increased baking effort... only drawback is for large caliper pistons it means massive pedal travel for narrow bore MC's

Adam
01-08-07, 02:12 PM
All novas have the same size master cylinder.

Mike
01-08-07, 02:16 PM
Its just the servo that different in size isnt it?

Adam
01-08-07, 02:32 PM
Aye

novajoe20
02-08-07, 01:03 AM
thanks you just saved me some trouble. What would you rekomend because i heard that a bigger master cylinder would make me braes better. Maybe something off an astra mk2 cus that is what the calipers off, will it fit.

Adam
02-08-07, 01:10 AM
Yeah a bigger mc will help.
But im not sure what model car you can get one off, think i remember a astra being mentioned, not sure what model tho.

Stuart
02-08-07, 08:35 AM
marginal gain.... BUT its worth knowing that the smaller the piston bore the higher the pressure at the brake caliper so increased baking effort... only drawback is for large caliper pistons it means massive pedal travel for narrow bore MC's

:wall:

rysmee
04-08-07, 03:10 AM
I love it when people dont listen!
Get a bigger servo, as your not going to notice the the change in master cyl.
At the end of the day.. if your not happy with the performance of 2.0l brakes then is there something wrong?...maybe need bleeding or rear shoes need adjusting up to give better pedal feel/travel?

Stuart
04-08-07, 08:37 AM
lerger servo wont change braking performance.... its like power steering dosent make you steer faster, it just makes it easier to turn the wheel for the same turning angles.... same goes for the servo.

Adam
04-08-07, 12:36 PM
A bigger master cylinder will improve the pedal, as it can push more fluid.

Bigger servo is not needed, unless you dont have the strength press the pedal,Lol.

novajoe20
04-08-07, 07:13 PM
thanks for all the advice much appreciated :thumb:. i think i am just goin to leave it after all that. cheers all.