PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 spi back to carb

Ernie
01-08-07, 09:42 AM
Ive been offered a 1.2 spi to go into my nova life as had enough of trying to get it sorted.
The 1.2 is a low milage spi unit but i was just wondering is it just a case of fitting a inlet/carb/fuel pump and dizzy from a carbed 1.2 as cant be ****d with fitting the injection.
The car at the moment has a 1ltr ohv engine and the the new unit will go strait into the bay just wondered if any body knew how hard it was to convert it back.
With thanks
Chris.
P.S wish carla had been driving for longer as would of bung a 2ltr in over a weekend lol

Stuart
01-08-07, 09:50 AM
needs a new head too as the spi head is the square port style (unless you get a 1400 inlet and carb....)

the injection setup is a piece of piss to install but hey hoe.

also the 1.0 mounts differently so needs some mount welding?

Ernie
01-08-07, 10:00 AM
my track car started life as a 1 ltr and had no probs with fitting a 1.6 then a 2ltr to that. but i have heard about the mount being differant.
As for wireing up the spi what would it involve. plus not sure if it was cut out or taken out i will have to ask. It was most likely taken out rather than cut out tbh.
Thank you

Adam
01-08-07, 11:07 AM
Wiring is same as a xe, apart from you cant seperate the engine loom so will have identify the wires you need. They aint on plugs like seperate looms.
You will need swap the drivers side mount, exhaust system, and fuel tank to fit carb or spi.

Ernie
01-08-07, 11:09 AM
cheers fella i will have to go through his spare's and see what bits he still has for it then decide from there which way to go.
If the hole loome is still there i could just change that over and go from there.

Adam
01-08-07, 11:16 AM
Easiest way is to swap the entire car loom.

Ernie
01-08-07, 11:22 AM
will have to wait and see till saturday as thats when im of to pick up any bits that go with it.