PDA

View Full Version : abandoning the nova...

cjslack
31-07-07, 03:59 PM
should be ashamed. had had my mk2 nova for 2 years now and wanted something better. (was only 1.0ltr, mind you I took it to 100mph, it did alright).

Am now in the stage of looking for a...you guessed it - corsa c. 1.4 sxi hopefully. Still cheap on insurance but a bit more power and a lot newer. need my car to be reliable. So a 2001 - 2004 should be a desent price and reliable for a few years.

Get some money saved up and have a bit of fun with it.

Iain
31-07-07, 04:11 PM
I'm sure almost all the extra power would be negated by the weight of the lard-**** C. Fair play though, a newer car is often very tempting, especially when you're trying to source replacement parts.

cjslack
31-07-07, 04:15 PM
true it is a lot heavier. but as i go on the motorways often and do a lot of driving, i need the car to be more practical. will always love the nova though.

Mike
31-07-07, 04:26 PM
its still a better car then a nova tho

Jack
31-07-07, 05:52 PM
^ True

But that doesn't make it any less of a gay icon lol

Rich
31-07-07, 06:12 PM
At least you didnt say you were getting a corsa d lol

Corsa C isnt a bad car, even to work on.

cjslack
01-08-07, 09:34 PM
corsa d's are horrid (imo). and cant fit in a corsa b lol. am a big guy.

nice comment razorjack lol. but im not gay(sorry to break your heart).

dave.gsi
01-08-07, 09:42 PM
im 6ft 4 and had a corsa b for a while. fitted in no probs............................

unless you mean your 'big' in the other sense lol

which has just reminded me, i had a mate who was really big, i mean really obese in a kind of 'youve got 5 years to live' kindof way.
that fat bastar.d managed to break the subframes on my cobra seats just by getting in the car! a big piece of metal 15mm thick just buckled under the weight of him lol

bump
01-08-07, 10:26 PM
Had to drive a mates corsa b once, the problem I found was I was too big, Size 12 hit all the peddles at once lol
Did they fix that one on the c or d?

dannyb
02-08-07, 11:49 AM
the problem I found was I was too big, Size 12 hit all the peddles at once lol

I find the either me foot or the accelerator hits the bit of arch that protrudes into the footwell which is a bit disconcerting and the pedal spacing is a little 'French'... Have they moved the drivers seat further toward the bulkhead in order to free up more room in the back because that doesn't happen in my Nova!

dj_wudgey
02-08-07, 01:02 PM
its still a better car then a nova tho

erm no not quite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjslack
02-08-07, 01:06 PM
yeh i have size 12/13 feet so i hit the wheel arch and gas at the same time.very difficult to drive like that. the corsa c has been re-designed so this does not happen. its much better now. havent driven a corsa d so would know about that.

haha yeh im 6ft 4" aswell. built like a house though lol. but not fat:P

cjslack
02-08-07, 01:08 PM

explain your theory

dave.gsi
02-08-07, 07:40 PM
yeh i have size 12/13 feet

:eek: :eek:

getting trainers must be tricky, unless you know of any good clown shops lol

Adam
03-08-07, 12:34 AM
Lol, better built/quality, better engines.
I think that makes them better.

cjslack
03-08-07, 11:21 AM
lmao does take a bit of lloking around. but there a place in my town i can get up to size 16 shoes lol. thankfully im not that though.

Well said long live the nova.