PDA

View Full Version : fitting c20let with f28

tony k
31-07-07, 10:49 AM
i put my engine in the other day and just wouldnt line up its the rear engine bracket thats giving me all the fuss i know about the body mount whats got to be cut off is there any thing else that needs cutting like the lip on the inner arch i have got the compotition engine mounts aswell the engine keeps going on a slarnt

Lee H
31-07-07, 02:06 PM
On mine we had to elongate the hole in the rear gearbox mount to get it to line up with the hole in the rubber mount under the car so the bolt would go through.

R1CH
31-07-07, 06:44 PM
I had to do ^^^ that with mine as well.
Might be worth trying to fit it with the std rubber mounts see how you get on then.

tony k
31-07-07, 07:25 PM
was checking my old mounts out earlier gonna have another go at the weekend i just wouldnt line up was tilting slightly forward to one side so i couldnt line the front gearbox mount up too mark up for welding is there any other tips i could use

tony k
31-07-07, 07:34 PM
these are the mounts im going to be running from chris astley
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/tonysturbonova/12072007069.jpg

tony k
01-08-07, 10:09 AM
anyone

R1CH
01-08-07, 05:25 PM
What bracket / mount are you using for the front engine mount ? the bit that bolts between the rubber mount & engine ?
Can't think of any other tips to give you ... as long as you've got the front engine mount bolted up, then a couple of jacks onder the gearbox to hold it roughly in the right place ... engine should be parallel with the slam panel and sitting level, once thats how its sitting then you shouldn't be far off getting the rear mount to line up, then once thats on you'll just need the one jack under the front of the gear box to hold it level while you sort the front gearbox mount.
You got a pick of where you've drilled & tapped the 3 holes for the rear mount ? (can't mind if some holes were allready there or if you've gotta drill all 3, might be slightly in the wrong place ?)

Rich

R1CH
01-08-07, 07:03 PM
Just seen in your WIP thread that the rear mount is wrong ( i never noticed !) ... once you sort a Nova mount i'm sure it'll fly together.

Rich

tony k
01-08-07, 08:20 PM
i hope fella just want to say thanks again i missed total vauxhall this month was looking forward to seeing your car