PDA

View Full Version : last bit of help needed please

feel the force
31-07-07, 12:23 AM
right ive finaly got round to getting my c16xe fitted and wired in just as it was explaned to me i just need a little help on the last few little fiddly parts so hear goes:p.
all wired up etc will turn over and fire but wont keep running any ideas as to what could be wrong hear as this is the main thing stopping me from driving it.it has been wired just the same as this.last question where does the speed sensor input wire connect up to:wtf:
The plug will have:
Red-Perm 12v
Black-Ign 12v
Blue-Dash coolant temp
Green-Rev counter
Blue/Red thick-Fuel pump
Blue/Red thin-Speed sensor input
Brown/Blue-ECU light on dash.
Brown/Yellow-Put to earth to flash fault codes

Adam
31-07-07, 12:33 AM
Is it definently a c16xe?
As firing up then cutting out is the symptoms of a later eco engine with no immobiliser input.

Does the ecu light flash when you turn the ignition on?

feel the force
31-07-07, 12:39 AM
yes as far as i no it has the plastic inlet and it just had a normal key no transponder key could this speed sensor input have anything to do with it also if it was a eco tec where are the imobiliser wires as i only have the 8 pin plug a purple relay and a othe plug with about 4 wires which was unused in the corsa

Adam
31-07-07, 12:41 AM
The other plug is for air con or some bollox.
It aint used in mine either.

Nah the speed sensor input wont make a difference, mine ran without that fine(it just cut out after driving for a while when slowing down)

Have you got the ecu light working? Could try flashing the codes out.

feel the force
31-07-07, 12:44 AM
no the only wires wired up are the ingnition 12v and the perm 12v for the ecu to work just to see if it would fire

Adam
31-07-07, 12:46 AM
Id wire the ecu light up, and see exactly what it does when you fire it up.

feel the force
31-07-07, 12:51 AM
ok mate il give her a try