PDA

View Full Version : Knocking noise when setting off

Anonymous
10-04-02, 06:49 PM
When i set off from a standstill in my gte, there is a knocking sound coming from the engine bay. once rolling the knock stops. but when decelerating an say 2nd or 3rd the car rocks forth n back. ive looked at the engine mountings and there is no visible telltale. anyone have any ideas??? Cheers in advance.

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!

Anonymous
10-04-02, 10:38 PM
could be either cv joints or exhaust

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
10-04-02, 10:42 PM
its not the exhaust cos that used to rattle against the body underneath but i cured that. If it was a cv joint wouldnt that make it a constant noise cos that continously turns doesnt it??

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!

Anonymous
10-04-02, 11:30 PM
Check ur driveshaft retaining nut.
If not try splines on the hub flange they maybe shagged makin shaft slip when u take up drive, then connecting when u drive off not as much force then.

Will this take long officer?
Cos your wife is expecting me...

Anonymous
11-04-02, 12:19 AM
mine cv joint (outer) went but it only knocked when i was going round a left hand corner, of i put the power down. just jack the front up and put it on axle stands. run the engine at idle in first gear so the hubs just turn. then listen for knocking. k?

Performance Car Audio - http://customize.9f.com

Anonymous
11-04-02, 09:06 AM
the hubs turn out of gear if its jacked up and idling.

Stuart - droll guy with great arse and suicidal tendencies but
great in bed.

(from MIG)

Anonymous
11-04-02, 06:51 PM
Try ur door hinge pins i got the same prob only does it wen i start off, dunno bout the rocking back and forth tho. Does ur door click wen u open and close it? happend on my last nova too! hope this helps:D

If it has tits or wheels it'l giv u probs!:)

Anonymous
11-04-02, 11:43 PM
that door click thing is very annoying got it on mine, ive traced it to the bit of metal just above the quarter light window, i reckon that changing the door seals will cure it

live fast, die young, leave good looking corpse