PDA

View Full Version : argh no! petrol and oil!

Anonymous
10-04-02, 10:39 PM
after the car not liking a weber,I refitted my 2e3,it ran fine,tweaked the mixture and off I went,then I find somethings v wrong-the large breather pipe is chucking out fuel vapour,and I think it chucked out oil also, all I can think is the fuel pump may be gone,or valve seals,or headgasket. anyone else had this problem?-I wanted to go in it to donny 2k2 but looks like Im going in a corsa SRi as a passenger now :(

Ready for Donny 2k2???

Anonymous
10-04-02, 11:14 PM
i very much doubt its chucking fuel out, and yes it will chuck a little oil out if your engine has done lots of miles, or u have cracked piston ring etc

Anonymous
11-04-02, 09:42 AM
it chucked a small amount of oil out,the rest seems to be petrol and then petrol vapour, cracked piston ring?-hmmmmm could it be a few things wrong at the same time so its hard to pin it to one problem?

Ready for Donny 2k2???

Anonymous
11-04-02, 12:52 PM
well the pipe ur on about runs from the bottom end, so how the hell are you getting petrol coming through it?
are you sure you are on about the brather pipe here?

Anonymous
11-04-02, 07:25 PM
major over fueling or cracked ring or piston

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

Anonymous
11-04-02, 07:46 PM
yeah sure Im on about the breather pipe,the larger one, I checked fuel pump today,and its ok, I have been friendly with furbers autobreakers in heapham for sometime,and he has a 1400 astra lump in with gear box, ?50,and if theres owt wrong with it I get a replacement,looks like im on the push bike for a little longer,but get the chance to recon the engine,and possibly fit a 4 branch manifold,and I may get new hoses all round etc while Im at it and paint some of the block. Still puzzled ove why the engines like this,ah well, at least I have a brand new dizzy,ht leads and plugs to go on the replacement engine,and Im going to mod the K&N to accomodate the breather pipe also-anything to look out for on 1400 engines? picking it up tomoro!

Ready for Donny 2k2???