PDA

View Full Version : Brake Servo

Anonymous
21-10-00, 12:54 AM
As I can't fit bigger callipers to my nova (already have GTE + they r toss) I was thinking of fitting an Astra or Cavalier servo unit. I noticed they are much bigger + should have the same callipers I have. I want to know if they are the same fitting and if they will work with no problems.

Anonymous
21-10-00, 10:39 AM
Do you know the Astra (&cav) 2.0 16v ATE calipers and discs bolt straight on to the nova? This is the mod to do, you'll be picking your teeth out of the dashboard. You do need 14" wheels though (not the GTE/GSI three spokes) you could get a set of sri Steelies from a scrap yard if you don't have any. You don't need to change the servo unit even with front and rear discs. Or fit a purachute!

Anonymous
21-10-00, 10:45 AM
Ye, I woz thinkin of doin that but my alloys are in mint condition and i've just stuck a brand new set of 185/60 tyres on em. I've driven a cavalier 1.6 with the same calipers + discs I have. The only other different thing as I know of is the servo. The cavalier is obviously much heavier and it slowed down much easier than my nova.

Anonymous
21-10-00, 10:50 AM
Don,t know how easy it will be to do, could be messy? I would be interested to know whether it is possible it could be a good mod.

Anonymous
22-10-00, 08:24 AM
what type ov cav was it cos sum had ate callipers with nova 1.2 sized discs

try replaceing the slides on your gte callipers coz they could be on the way to siezeing up but dont forget to stick them caps back on the back or they will sieze straight back up

Anonymous
22-10-00, 03:34 PM
Ok, everyone seems to know much about calipers. But wot I wanted to know is 'will a bigger dervo make any difference.