PDA

View Full Version : tyres

Anonymous
09-04-02, 12:07 AM
ive got a gte which is on standard shocks but lowered 30m on springs, wiht a set of 15x7 inch masitaly alloys with 195 45 tyres and it is badly waring the inside edge of the tyres but the outer edge is fine and its only happening on the front, the back is fine. Any ideas on what is causing this and if so how can i stop it as i need new tyres now and dont fancy replacing them again in 6 months. ive had the tracking done and then swapped the back tyres to the front but it is still happening.

Anonymous
09-04-02, 05:31 PM
camber

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

Anonymous
09-04-02, 06:17 PM
i got the same trouble with mine mate, 195/45 R 15 tyres, lowered 40mm and both the inside edges on the front are wearing. Have just had the trackin adjusted so am gonna give that a go, have just switched the backs to the front as well so i can monitor it.

Anonymous
09-04-02, 11:36 PM
thats what i did but it still wore them out. how do u adjust the camber so they dont wear ste?

Anonymous
10-04-02, 01:50 AM
what about spacers

Feature your Nova SR at www.srownersclub.co.uk

Anonymous
10-04-02, 10:37 AM
spacers will not help

the way to adjust camber is to use a file to elongate the shocker top mounting holes, there by pullung the shocks outwards towards the wings

most peeps do about 7mm but 9mm is possible with sum more mods (stick with 7mm cos its a pain to do 9mm trust me)

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website http://network54.com/Realm/Snakes_with_tits

Anonymous
10-04-02, 06:13 PM
what elongate the hole so its 7mm? What are they normally 6mm diameter?