PDA

View Full Version : my bros 24 hour nova

raymond
28-07-07, 07:02 PM
well mybro bought this sri of someone on here for 180 quid tax and tested with the headgasket gone but it was in a poor state

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x43/noved1_2007/P2100029.jpg

raymond
28-07-07, 07:06 PM
so last night when he finished work at 5pm he decided to do something with it in time for usc

so stripped down masked up ready for primer
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/Photo-0003.jpg

on goes the base coat
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/DSC00030.jpg

raymond
28-07-07, 07:08 PM
then came the silver
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/DSC00032.jpg

tony k
28-07-07, 07:08 PM
bloody hell he dont muck about does he?

raymond
28-07-07, 07:12 PM
then the pinklol

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/DSC00042_1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/DSC00041.jpg

these are the new wheels will add pics up later of it fully finished

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/chorleyboyracer/DSC00044.jpg

all comments welcomedlol

matthew172
28-07-07, 07:13 PM
good one, nice to see you painted over the rot

Nick
28-07-07, 07:15 PM
Erm, i don't think this is a serious project...

raymond
28-07-07, 07:15 PM
its cost him 21quid to paint it and his own time dont think he careslol

raymond
28-07-07, 07:16 PM
cars on the road cant get anymore serious than that

Martin
28-07-07, 07:17 PM
i WANT those wheels

Iain
28-07-07, 07:19 PM
Awesome project lol Wheels are amazing

raymond
28-07-07, 07:21 PM
lol

he wanted something different will be down at pod

ANDYRACER
28-07-07, 07:22 PM
XE it!! ;)

Nick
28-07-07, 07:24 PM
cars on the road cant get anymore serious than that

Serious in that sense, but not serious in terms of Removing all the rust and re-panelling it !

Plus, there is limited sanity available when Ronal Teddybears are concerned

raymond
28-07-07, 07:27 PM
Serious in that sense, but not serious in terms of Removing all the rust and re-panelling it !

Plus, there is limited sanity available when Ronal Teddybears are concerned

lol its had a new door boot lid passenger door front bumper rear bumper new rear arch in it he will make it right a some point all the rust aint visable when covered;)

Lee
28-07-07, 07:27 PM
Ive waited years to see some Ronal Teddies on a Nova, and it looks like my dream is about to be realised!

I fecking love it! lol

big gra
28-07-07, 07:30 PM
haha thats mad!!

NovaLad
28-07-07, 07:39 PM
Is your brother straight?

BTW i am being serious

Iain
28-07-07, 07:41 PM
Is your brother straight?
BTW i am being serious

It's a shameful day in your life when you look for a boyfriend on a Nova forum.

NovaLad
28-07-07, 07:42 PM
xD

paddy138
28-07-07, 07:58 PM
Thats mad that yoke

raymond
28-07-07, 08:10 PM
yes straight but different novalad

no speedlines or softstars or standard colours

not that there is ewt wrong with them

Martin
28-07-07, 08:23 PM
yes straight but different novalad

no speedlines or softstars or standard colours

not that there is ewt wrong with them

:thumb:

drunkpunk91
28-07-07, 08:37 PM
haha, thats my brothers old nova, i took that pic at the top, its funny seeing it like that, it was a good motor until the head gasget went after the second time lol.

keep me posted i wanna see it in flesh when its finished, you mentioned some street car thing at the pod, will have to make my way there and see it.

JSeymour
28-07-07, 10:19 PM
shame about the pink, the wheels wont look right on that nova imo.

sell them to me.......

General Baxter
28-07-07, 10:35 PM
lol
he wanted something different will be down at pod

XE it!! ;)

well thats not going to work then is it :roll:

ade
29-07-07, 12:32 AM
more pics more pics

Ste L
29-07-07, 01:20 AM
cant wait too see this with the teddy bears :thumb:

raymond
29-07-07, 02:54 AM
this is my car think aboutit from my point of view think im gay all u like but iv got more balls than most 4 havein the bottle 2 b abit excentric n very different how many novas look similar or the same i think its safe 2 say that my car is 1 on its own TRUE/FALSE???? PS the birds love the teddy bears haha!!!!

craig green
29-07-07, 03:23 AM
Hmmm

Fair play I guess. Atleast the wheels arent permanent. Maybe get yer missus to paint her finger nails to match the car... That would look trick!

Ernie
29-07-07, 07:15 AM
its good to be differant nice 1. Now get some pic's up with the wheels on as i aint seen them for years there sweet also never seen them on a nova.

dave.gsi
29-07-07, 03:09 PM
OMG:eek:

im litterally stumped for words!

Eastham
29-07-07, 04:26 PM
Well worth the effort bud. Dont think anyone will copy that Aidie. And no im not cutting anymore squares!

smcgsi16v
29-07-07, 09:23 PM
Well at least it will be different. I didn't even know you could get teddy bear wheels!

Martin
29-07-07, 09:30 PM
Well at least it will be different. I didn't even know you could get teddy bear wheels!

man were you been? haha

smcgsi16v
29-07-07, 09:42 PM
When did they make an appearance then? I can remember 3 spokes, then venoms and it gets a bit hazy after.

shy witness
29-07-07, 09:47 PM
ha ha

thats lookin well for the quick turnarround

Jack
29-07-07, 09:57 PM
Ronal bears, fcuking top dog lol

I love it. As soon as I saw the pink going on I thought hmm! Then saw the bears and it all became good :D

raymond
30-07-07, 12:44 AM
it was worth the effort till the engine blew up but we have a week to fix that to getit to pod. your not cuttin any more squares thats fine mate cause for the last minute dash for pod next year im thinkin either triangles or stars u up forit haha!!!!!!!!!!! ps i appreciate the help bud

raymond
30-07-07, 03:25 PM
Here it how it sits finished
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/2007_0730rubbish0192.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/2007_0730rubbish0190.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/2007_0730rubbish0189.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/2007_0730rubbish0188.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/DAM14N/2007_0730rubbish0187.jpg

Dar
30-07-07, 03:41 PM
Looks great!:thumb: My 3 year old daughter just seen this and shouted teddybear wheels!lol

Iain
30-07-07, 03:48 PM
Looks great :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lee
30-07-07, 03:49 PM
That is probably the coolest thing ive seen so far this year :) lol

Adam
30-07-07, 03:54 PM
That paintwork has come out rather well,Lol.
Nice job.

Its definently, err, different lol

raymond
30-07-07, 03:56 PM
cheers guys :thumb:

Ste L
30-07-07, 04:15 PM
love it, very very very cool & different, without stuff daft kits :thumb:

James P
30-07-07, 04:17 PM
clear rear lights, tint the windows, spray the side skirts black, splitter on front bumper, lower profile tyres, and slam the s**t out of it on adjustables then it would look good.

love the wheels

raymond
30-07-07, 04:20 PM
Lower profiles are next and lowered alot more its 60 now but it dont do any justice wotsoever

cheers :thumb:

Ernie
30-07-07, 04:24 PM
sweet.

kevster
30-07-07, 06:08 PM
sweet dude loveing the wheels

NOVA saloon
30-07-07, 07:21 PM
it was well mad herd ady's engine blew up lol sure it will be rite for pod lol its mental bud

draper
30-07-07, 08:02 PM
nice work :thumb:

Ash
30-07-07, 08:23 PM
You should really paint the teddy's eyes and paws the same colour pink as the back.

dave.gsi
30-07-07, 08:48 PM
am i the only one on here who isnt on crack!?!

that car is shameful, im half tempted to post it on barryboys myself cos im sure it wont be long before it pops up for a right royal pisstaking!

im actually embaressed just sitting on my computer looking at it, you must have balls the size of bloody water melons to actually drive it:eek:

i couldnt care less if it was a pisstake or if you genuinely believe your being different and cool.

THAT CAR IS S.HIT

no bones about it.

and i can say for sure it wont be long before the pictures of it are over every car forum on the net, with people taking the piss out of not only the car, but everyone who drives novas. well done:thumb:

Dar
30-07-07, 09:08 PM
I have this image in my mind after reading your post lol
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/angrybossG_228x301.jpg

dave.gsi
30-07-07, 09:18 PM
lol thats me, only ive got a teddy bear and ripping his fecking head off!!!

dave.gsi
30-07-07, 09:23 PM
http://gadgets.elliottback.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/teddy%202.jpg

the little b.astard, that showed him

raymond
31-07-07, 11:58 AM
each to there own and in what possible way would it be shameful to drive it

NOVA saloon
31-07-07, 12:47 PM
am i the only one on here who isnt on crack!?!

that car is shameful, im half tempted to post it on barryboys myself cos im sure it wont be long before it pops up for a right royal pisstaking!

im actually embaressed just sitting on my computer looking at it, you must have balls the size of bloody water melons to actually drive it:eek:

i couldnt care less if it was a pisstake or if you genuinely believe your being different and cool.

THAT CAR IS S.HIT

no bones about it.

and i can say for sure it wont be long before the pictures of it are over every car forum on the net, with people taking the piss out of not only the car, but everyone who drives novas. well done:thumb:

LISTEN PAL NO NEED TO BE NARROW MINDED ITS A JAZZER OK!!

NOVA saloon
31-07-07, 12:50 PM
DAVE GSI wots so different abount ur nova then m8

dannyb
31-07-07, 01:03 PM
you must have balls the size of bloody water melons to actually drive it:eek:
So you wouldn't comfortable enough with your own ball size to drive a half pink car with teddybear wheels?lol

P.S Rayond, I think its awesome.

Dar
31-07-07, 02:49 PM
To be fair I think dave.gsi went a bit over the top but its his opinon and he's entitled to it.

My honest opinon on the car is I like the paint job, its silver and purple to my eyes. The wheels have always seemed cool in a girly kind of way. The sideskirts sort of let it down a little bit, but thats nothing that cannot be sorted. If I seen a bloke driving it I would think pooflol but then again I think the same about all blokes that drive a MX-5 (seen one today, raving homo I tell thee!).

But at the end of the day I like it:thumb: and don't think its a Nova that anyone should be ashamed of.

As for being different, I hate that motivation when building a car. Lots of cars that I've seen where the owner says its 'different' (one off) are awful! and they will stay that way!! Anyone can be different, it's being different with style thats the trick. Then again if something is different and good it won't stay a one off for long!

raymond
31-07-07, 04:22 PM
true

Dave.
31-07-07, 06:19 PM
run it down sometime over the next few eeeks for me to see.. i really want to see this

when you bring the rear euro light down for me come in this.. it looks amazing lol

Lee
31-07-07, 07:15 PM
The mental state scale ranges from sane, to a bit dippy, to stupid, then to completely retarded, but under that is 'special'.

Ive always wondered why 'complete retards' dont try that extra bit harder to become 'special' lol

This car is special. Its tried that extra bit harder, and its popped back into the 'cool' realm IMO lol

Martin
31-07-07, 08:04 PM
id love t drive this.. think of the ladies ;)...

i think every1 with a nova and a gsi kit thats not a gsi shoudl be ashamed of taking th easy way out and not tryin to be diferent at the end of the day it wil either work or not.. if not then its back to the drawing board...

mate i love youre car and if you wanna sell it let me kno...

nova ste
31-07-07, 09:02 PM
wow thats looks foooooookin amazing shame i couldnt lend a hand with it cant wait to see this on its way down to pod
p.s LOVE THE WHEELS

dave.gsi
31-07-07, 09:28 PM
as stated its my opinion and im entitled to voice it just like anybody else

'nova saloon'..whats so different about my nova is the fact that i dont own one anymore :thumb:

so before i start going off on one again, let me just get the gist of this 'project'.

is it a pisstake?.............by the looks of it no. i mean youve obviously paid out a few hundred notes for the wheels and i seem to remember reading about new panels etc.

so it looks like you geniuinely were after something 'different'....

so why did you just paint over the old front panel complete with fcuk off rust hole at the bottom corner??

now people will take the piss out of not only the way it looks (s.hit), but also they'll be able to take the piss out of the way its built (look this guy has just painted over the rust!)

discuss.......

Martin
31-07-07, 09:49 PM
i seem to remember reading about new panels etc.

so why did you just paint over the old front panel complete with fcuk off rust hole at the bottom corner??

also they'll be able to take the piss out of the way its built (look this guy has just painted over the rust!)

:thumb: ...

if you read back, its stands him at ?300, and is something for USC, and he looks like hes a painter him self s thats only gonne be cost of materials...

raymond
31-07-07, 10:05 PM
in case u hadnt red what it said properly dave.gsi it did say 24 hour project if u can fit a new bonnet tailgate 2 doors front bumper back bumper includein smothing it then a rear arch then fit a front panel/cross member in the same amount of time without u riskin ballsin up the steering geometry by welding the panel in wrong feel free to come down and doit for me il even pay you over the odds to doit your right the car is a piss take but at least i have balls to take the piss and as for drivein it birds love pink birds love teddy bears thay dont look at you like just another boy racer cause there to busy eyein up the bears kind regards RAYMONDS bro.

dave.gsi
31-07-07, 10:13 PM
first of all, the button near the bottom right of the keyboard. its called a fullstop. you can make sentances out of them. see how im doing it now?

and a bit of news for you, when you grow up a bit, you'll reaslise that women dont love novas. in fact id say 99.99% of women would think 'what a ****' as you drive down the road. not just you, me included if im behind the wheel of one. maybe all the 'crooze girls' look at you. but then you'll grow out of that in a few years, and all you'll be left with is a rotten nova with stupid wheels.:thumb:

raymond
31-07-07, 10:23 PM
im a painter i dont teach english....... i dont mind your opinion cause its each to there own u mite like big evo 5million body kits and neon lights but that aint for me i painted the car for a laugh for usc if you look at the car its a standard car with silly paint im comfortble enough with my sexuality to driveit so its no harm done when i get bored i could always returnit back to standard it cost me 21quid to paintit it would cost u that in rattle cans to try n paint anythin on your car plus the teddy bears will make a pritty trick coffe table

dave.gsi
31-07-07, 10:31 PM
new bonnet, tailgate, 2 doors, front bumper, back bumper including smoothing it, then a rear arch

add to this list #ronal teddy bears which are pretty rare as their limited edition (thank fcuk for that!)
paint (which, fair dos was prob robbed from work for nowt)
the cost of the actual car
fixing the head gasket problem
mot
tax
insurance

who mentioned ?300?

seems like an expensive pisstake, your boss is ovbiously paying you too muchlol

raymond
31-07-07, 10:48 PM
i dont get paid enough thats y i work long hours doin other jobs for people then i can blow money for the laugh and it is a laugh you just dont seem to have a sense o humour yeah paint was robbed but thats perks of the job head gasket cost me nowt i was owed a favour the cars taxed the cars tested and insurance doesnt comply with the cost of the car it probly stands me at nearly 450 but its only money u cant takeit with u if u cant have a laugh with your money now when do u the fact that other people likeit not you of corse is a bonus makes it worth it

dave.gsi
31-07-07, 10:54 PM
i can think of a thousand better ways to spend ?450:thumb:

coombsey
31-07-07, 10:55 PM
i really like this id drive it to be honest

raymond
31-07-07, 11:03 PM
yeah maybe you could but could you get the same attention for your money good or bad iv had a theory since i started paintin cars and thats if you spend loads of money on your car IE some of the new corsas with big body kits on paint it pink people will treatit like marmite thay will either loveit or hateit but its gona stand out a hell of alot more than flip paint at a fraction of the cost true or false cheers coombsey

Lee
31-07-07, 11:06 PM
i can think of a thousand better ways to spend ?450:thumb:

He's a painter, so repainting it wont cost much, and the teddies will make their money back if sold, therefore, i dont think its the big waste of money you make it out to be TBH

raymond
01-08-07, 10:51 AM
Rant over on both parts i hope some like it some dont thats life :thumb:

draper
01-08-07, 11:00 AM
crack on mate, theres no point arguing over the internet FFS

if you decide to sell the teddy bears i might be tempted lol

JSeymour
01-08-07, 02:12 PM
crack on mate, theres no point arguing over the internet FFS

if you decide to sell the teddy bears i might be tempted lol

you dont want them drapper.:p

draper
01-08-07, 02:14 PM
hell yeah id have them, im already wanting to build a pink nova (for my missus honest )

hendrix
01-08-07, 03:44 PM
love the car mate, makes a change to the usual GSi kit/speedlines combo (not that there is anything wrong with that!)

raymond
01-08-07, 03:53 PM
cheers guys

corsa_valver
02-08-07, 05:51 PM
cars a minter! mr gsi dont think youll find a dab of rust on the shell you plonker! but then agian i did forget you mut be a painter! dave just jealous because nobody takes an interest into what he drives! hes prob got spikey blonde hair and drives some form of hairdressers car! prob a tigra! dave is gay!

Lee
02-08-07, 05:54 PM
cars a minter! mr gsi dont think youll find a dab of rust on the shell you plonker! but then agian i did forget you mut be a painter! dave just jealous because nobody takes an interest into what he drives! hes prob got spikey blonde hair and drives some form of hairdressers car! prob a tigra! dave is gay!

And there goes the moral high ground :roll:

dave.gsi
02-08-07, 07:56 PM

well done, you get todays gold star for 'special people'.

i could go back and post the picture of the car being painted, complete with mahoosive rust hole on show but i wont. im bigger than thatlol

and just for your information, i dont drive a tigra or have spikey hair:thumb:

noved
02-08-07, 10:38 PM
hey nice to see my old car has gone to good use. i think it cool and different good to see a car that needed work has had tlc. hope something with the engine works out as it blew up twice thats when i gave up nice work mate good to see it

coombsey
02-08-07, 11:16 PM
hell yeah id have them, im already wanting to build a pink nova (for my missus honest )
my girlfriend wants me to get my other nova painted pink even tho shes not to keen on them

db_1.2
02-08-07, 11:49 PM
I think its a fairly good job, anybody who goes and spends ????(?) on just painting or restoring a nova must not be all there in the first place..................its a nova, and besides i seen worse

corsa_valver
03-08-07, 10:28 AM
well done, you get todays gold star for 'special people'.

i could go back and post the picture of the car being painted, complete with mahoosive rust hole on show but i wont. im bigger than thatlol

and just for your information, i dont drive a tigra or have spikey hair:thumb:

but does it actually show it painted! no! hes painting the side, u have no evidence to prove he painted the rust! look at you post count loser! get out more

corsa_valver
03-08-07, 10:29 AM
I think its a fairly good job, anybody who goes and spends ????(?) on just painting or restoring a nova must not be all there in the first place..................its a nova, and besides i seen worse
well stated!!!

Dar
03-08-07, 10:41 AM
I read that as "It's a Nova and therefore not worth spending money on. Anyone who does must not be all there (as in retarded)."
This IS a Nova forum and people DO spend alot of money on their cars. Or hadn't you noticed?:roll:

Lee H
03-08-07, 01:04 PM
dave just jealous because nobody takes an interest into what he drives! hes prob got spikey blonde hair and drives some form of hairdressers car! prob a tigra! dave is gay!

Is it just me or did this come across as if a 10 year old had written it? How childish can you get!!

dave.gsi
03-08-07, 06:09 PM
but does it actually show it painted! no! hes painting the side, u have no evidence to prove he painted the rust! look at you post count loser! get out more

lol you really are stupid arent you! if you read back (which ive allready suggested) you will see that even the owner himself has admitted that he painted over the front slam panel (complete with rust hole) due to time commitments.

and my post count is high because ive been a member of this site for 5 years, and as most people know, im not shy in saying what i think.

have you checked out corsasport.co.uk? they have plenty of people just like you, i think you'd enjoy it over there

NOVA saloon
03-08-07, 11:36 PM
in case u hadnt red what it said properly dave.gsi it did say 24 hour project if u can fit a new bonnet tailgate 2 doors front bumper back bumper includein smothing it then a rear arch then fit a front panel/cross member in the same amount of time without u riskin ballsin up the steering geometry by welding the panel in wrong feel free to come down and doit for me il even pay you over the odds to doit your right the car is a piss take but at least i have balls to take the piss and as for drivein it birds love pink birds love teddy bears thay dont look at you like just another boy racer cause there to busy eyein up the bears kind regards RAYMONDS bro. YEAH lol

NOVA saloon
03-08-07, 11:41 PM
Av It Its A Jazzer Yeah

corsa_valver
04-08-07, 08:29 PM
i didnt read that bit, but like the title suggests "24hr project"