PDA

View Full Version : My licence - 13 points - What now??

Stanley
26-07-07, 02:46 PM
Right, in 2005 i recieved a CD30 conviction for careless driving which entailed 7 points and a ?300 fine.

As i had only passed 8 months prior to this, i was ondered to re-sit my test. Which i did.

Last november, i rolled my car and recieved a further 6 points and a ?400 fine for careless driving, meaning i recieved a further 6 month ban due to the 'totting up' procedure.

As of November last year, i am now onto my 12 point licence, but have a total history of 13 points.

When my ban is up in January, will i get my licence back with 13 points or 7 or 6 or what?? Or will i have to re-sit again??

Ive heard i may get it back clean but with a TT99 conviction code.

blue_peg_16v
26-07-07, 03:05 PM
yep you will have a tt99 more than likely for torring up mate

draper
26-07-07, 03:08 PM
i got mine back with 15points on a few years ago, when i went to sit my test the driving examiners face was quality lol

Stanley
26-07-07, 03:10 PM
I posted on a few forums and the general concensus is that i wil get my licence back with the original 7 points and a TT99 code, on top of the original CD30.

craig green
26-07-07, 04:02 PM
Calm it down springs to mind!

smcgsi16v
26-07-07, 05:44 PM
Calm it down springs to mind!

I would agree with that too.

Have a think about what your doing!:thumb:

Welsh Dan
26-07-07, 06:43 PM
If you value your license, dive accordingly :p

dave.gsi
26-07-07, 07:04 PM
seriously you need to go to a quiet corner and have a word with yourself!

that is one bad driving record. im all for having a laugh behind the wheel but your obviously a danger to yourself and others:eek:

tbh you'll be lucky to get insured on a pissy 1.0l. that surely cant be a bad thing!

draper
26-07-07, 07:13 PM
to careless driving convictions is gonna bugger you

ade
26-07-07, 11:28 PM
from an insurance perspective (I work in car insurance) you are basically screwed!

Your experience (or lack of it) the number of points and convictions you have the the type of convictions you have will leave you out in the cold for 95% of insurers in the UK. You'll have to go with the "we'll quote for any driver" ads you see in the back of performance car mags. Be prepared to pay a LARGE amount for a premium and your excesses will be HUGE!

Lcense wise there maybe restrictions on your license and most insurers probably wont quote for you on a car thats more powerful than a 1ltr.

I'd be surprised if you got a quote fully comp (or otherwise) for less than ?2k a year.

Personally - I'd take myself off on to one of them police advanced drivers training courses - the ones where they teach you how to driver properly and safely and show you the after effects of accidents. Might earn you some brownie points with the insurers. Certainly might teach you a thing or two before you kill yourself/someone.

shazzi_23
26-07-07, 11:31 PM
:eek: :eek:
sell your car give up and get a push bikelol

Stanley
27-07-07, 08:32 AM
Personally - I'd take myself off on to one of them police advanced drivers training courses - the ones where they teach you how to driver properly and safely and show you the after effects of accidents. Might earn you some brownie points with the insurers. Certainly might teach you a thing or two before you kill yourself/someone.

Done

:eek: :eek:
sell your car give up and get a push bikelol

....and done:)