PDA

View Full Version : black/yellow autochoke cable

Anonymous
06-04-02, 10:02 PM
i'm fitting a 1.4nv engine into my 1.2 and i don't have the black/yellow cable for lhe autochoke. where do i need to wire it to and is there anything else i need

Anonymous
07-04-02, 06:24 PM
ive just the same, just finished putting the 1.4 in my shell but dont have anything to splug onto the black and yellow wire!

Anonymous
07-04-02, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a power wire, it's for heating up the element in the autochoke coolant coil thingy. It would be an ignition feed but dunno wot size fuse it'd be. Start at 5 amp, if it blows try 10 amp.
If you're pressed for time use a 40 amp.
If you're lasy connect it straight to ignition.
If you really can't be arsed leave it disconnected.

If you really want my advice, disconnect the whole carb and promote it to the bin.
Fit a Weber 32/34 they're so much better.
Or better twin 40's. My mate's selling a pair of twin 40's bolted to a dbilas dynamic airbox which is pretty rare, looks quality and barks loud. I'll get a price for them if ur interested. We're in Maidenhead, in Westside Berkshire.

Will this take long officer?
Cos your wife is expecting me...

Anonymous
08-04-02, 10:48 AM
how much for the 40's

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
08-04-02, 09:17 PM
Got hold of my mate, he says start the bidding @ ?300. That's with twin linkage so you just need inlet manifold and alternator bracket thing. Spose I should''ve posted this on parts for sale never mind

Will this take long officer?
Cos your wife is expecting me...