PDA

View Full Version : F13 gearbox

Anonymous
07-04-02, 10:52 PM
How can you tell if your gearbox is close ratio? i have a GTE which is meant to have a close ratio box, i have been told that it should have cr next to the F13 on the box is this true or is there any other way of finding out?

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
07-04-02, 10:59 PM
on top of the box near where the the b-box selector is there is f13 raised stamped in the case. f13 means standard box f13cr is close ratio obviously. clean around the area til u find it.

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!

Anonymous
07-04-02, 11:05 PM
The truth is that they can be factory fitted with either a close ratio or a wide ratio box irrespective of what is written on the box or elsewhere. They seem to have mixed and matched as they saw fit at the time. I would say that it is more likely if an H reg or later to have the wider ratio box. The characteristics of this box is a very high geared 5th which is often slower than 4th and a widish gap from 3rd to 4th when compared to summink like the 1.4SR.
You can swap your gear cluster with 1 out of a 1.4 SR to give better ratios and 5th gear that is not just 4 motorway cruising

Anonymous
08-04-02, 09:54 AM
there is a 13 digit code written on the end off the box, 5th digit will either be C or W, close or wide ratio.
the other digits determine where it was made, year of manufacture and so on.

Anonymous
08-04-02, 11:19 AM
I have a 1.2 5dr(hold the jokes for a later date!few saw It at the meet in the Newport services)it's has a five speed box, does that mean it will be out of a 1.3SR as that's what I've been told!the car is a fair bit quicker than a mates 1.2 3dr!What would I look for on box i find if is a close ratio one?Will the clutch be same as 1.2 four speed or do 1.3/1.2 share same one!

Anonymous
08-04-02, 05:37 PM
yup a 1.2 with a 5 speed will be a factory fitted f10/5 sr box

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!