PDA

View Full Version : I know why i love Nova's

Mike
25-07-07, 04:41 PM
I discovered today why I fcuking love driving Nova's. And it was a fecking brilliant feeling! I am totally made up :)

As most know, ive been building my Nova up since around December time, and in that time ive been relegated to driving a pansey Corsa 1.2 Spi, that is needless to say, utter poo!

Got home from work today, had a mince with the gearlinkage on the Nova & finally got it to go into its gears, even reverse lol so I though, feck it, ill take it for a test drive!
Now at this point I was bricking it hoping itll all hold together?.

The clutch pedal is mega high, as it needs adjusting, the brakes need bleeding as they?ve gone pants, the fuel light was on, no gearbox oil either?.

Off the drive I goes.....and SH1T THE BED it goes like feck!! I honestly wasn?t even giving it any welly, but the pull compared to the Corsa and my old 1400SR engine is immense!! The handling of the Nova in comparision is no match what so ever to the Corsa, it was like driving an over sized go kart! It felt exactly like a go kart, you just point, and it goes, no ifs or buts, it just goes, and there is massive amounts of grip, i just couldnt belive it :D

All the rattles of a stripped interior, all the sqeaks of the dashboard, the tin'yness of its presently blowing exhaust note & in the back of my mind hoping to feckery it all holds together, but jesus Christ I loved it and im fecking made up with a smile from ear to ear!!!

M :thumb:

Lee
25-07-07, 04:45 PM
lol

The overiding fear in the back of your mind that something is going to break is definately one of the main features of Nova ownership lol

Mike
25-07-07, 04:49 PM
lol

The overiding fear in the back of your mind that something is going to break is definately one of the main features of Nova ownership lol

Hell yeah lol i was half crapping my pants hoping that all nuts & bolts were tight, trying to remember that id done everything up, and half "i hope this doesnt run out of fuel" lol

But jesus, what a feeling, all the other drivers looking at me as my buckets are positioned so low down, a teeny tiny steering wheel, and the noise lol lol it was loud as feck!

Ste L
25-07-07, 04:57 PM
good ****...

i was like that, when i first got my old valver on the road, hope it doesn't brake down, or the engine fall out the bottom lol

great feeling when its all working spot on :thumb:

haynes-maxpower
25-07-07, 04:57 PM
i got the same feeling when i swaped my 1.2 engine for the 1.6 i wa drivin ma mums fiesta 1.4TD and had a go in ma mates 1.5 ignis sport then went out in mine so much more grip than theres and so much fast the smile wa across my face to

craig green
25-07-07, 04:58 PM
Having bolted it together yourself is always a bonus. Adds to the pleasure factor.

pics?

Mike
25-07-07, 06:09 PM
Having bolted it together yourself is always a bonus. Adds to the pleasure factor.

pics?

i think al of it is that TBH, all the work, money an everything else, and now it works, albeit it tappy as fcuk lol

Well, next up is:

Gear oil top up
Get timeing done
Adjust clutch cable
Sort out blowing exhaust
Valet and polish

then pictures :D lol

BIGS
25-07-07, 06:24 PM
glad to here your enjoying it again. be looking out for the pics

draper
25-07-07, 06:27 PM
this from the guy whos been slating them just recently lol

Lee
25-07-07, 06:27 PM
Thats a horribly long list to complete before it breaks lol

burgo
25-07-07, 06:32 PM
congrats bud

Stantonio
25-07-07, 06:32 PM
lol all part and parcel to the joys of motoring lol, But yes the same feeling when i had my first nova, the B roads are the best :D

Mike
25-07-07, 06:33 PM
this from the guy whos been slating them just recently lol

oh no, there still poo dont get me wrong, but as you know, theres something about Novas that most poeple like, and i think ive found it :D

coochiSR
25-07-07, 06:55 PM
Good news Laddy!

paddy138
25-07-07, 08:10 PM
gat the pics up as soon as ya can

Riggy
26-07-07, 10:16 AM
lol , i know the feeling mate :thumb:

ANDYRACER
26-07-07, 05:00 PM
About bloody time you mincing fag! :thumb:

Mike
26-07-07, 05:16 PM
About bloody time you mincing fag! :thumb:

Piffle! I work most weekends, and obviously during the week, i dont have permenant acess to a garage, and the weather of late doesnt help, so :p lol

shanemc
09-09-07, 12:29 PM
oh no, there still poo dont get me wrong, but as you know, theres something about Novas that most poeple like, and i think ive found it :D

you're right they are sh1t,as standard there rattly,bouncy,rust prone,and standard models are nothing to look at and wouldnt pull u out of bed,but thats what makes a good one great!given the choice i'd prefer driving my gte than my rwd sapphire cossie on good b-roads,they really a brilliant fun car!