PDA

View Full Version : corsa gsi lump on carbs?

Anonymous
08-04-02, 12:50 PM
i am putting a corsa gsi lump in my SR, could i run it on twin 40's carbs, so i don't have to change the tank and fit a pump?
what drive shafts do i use?

thanks

IF IT'S STANDARD, CHANGE IT!

Anonymous
08-04-02, 01:53 PM
I think it is possible to change it to carbs. though I am pretty sure it'll cost a fair bit. Not many places do inlet manifolds for the 1.6 16v (are we talking early GSi lump 110BHP or the later one 104BHP???)

I put a 1.6 16v in mine, started bank holidat monday, finished Saturday. had never done anything like that before and it was pretty easy.

I didn't change the tank, or the fuel lines, and mine was a 1.2 model. I am using me 1.2 driveshafts, me 1.2 radiator and most of me 1.2 hose's and so far so good, I was on the motorway for 2 hours yesterday and no problems, I took it off the clock (120+)

You will need a fuel pump, but again thats peace of piss to wire up a postive and negative, and just join it to the fuel line that comes from the tank.

Also, You will need a Nova SRi bottom pulley as these run crank sensor's same as the Corsa GSi, it's a V-Belt one. Ummm thats pretty much it. There are only 7 wires you need to wire up to get the engine running....

really easy.

Check out my mates site

www.valvers.com, he has a guide on it. on how we done it.

if you want any other info send me an email

dan_5door_johnson@hotmail.com

About as welcome here as a fart in a space suit...