PDA

View Full Version : suspension decisions

alan b
25-07-07, 03:16 AM
hey guys looking at buying a new suspension kit. iva a budget of around 250 pound. i dont mind it being hard but i want good handling. im also buying polybushes. i am thinking of a spax vsx kit. the avo non adjustable kit. apex kit. and kyb with h&r springs. which would be best or have i missed one? cheers guys.

Will F
25-07-07, 08:56 AM
6 of one.... etc

You wont notice the difference really maye, just choose. I do know that Apex are extremely harsh.. but I spose its what you pay for....

craig green
25-07-07, 09:21 AM
Kits developed for Europe are typically harder as their roads are much smoother than ours in the UK.

I found the KONI adjustable kit was one of the best after the countless nightmares & rubbishy cheap kits I bought. The KYB & H&R is prolly a good bet too. The H&R springs on my Cav GSi were amazing & I've had KYB (orange) shocks on a Nova before & was impressed.

You might need more than ?250 however.

Nova_Tek
25-07-07, 08:21 PM
I currently have H&R sport springs and KYB shocks on my Nova. Im very pleased with the outcome as its still as comfortable as when I had the standard springs, the car looks alot better now and it handles very nicely.

Only think with the H&R's is that they only lower by 30mm but in saying that Im glad I didnt go much lower as it would have been a nightmare seeing as theres speed humps and I somtimes carry 4 people.

Nice to see that you are gonna do your bushes, also consider doing your track rod ends as mine are now knackered and need doing.

I know many Nova owners that use KONI's