PDA

View Full Version : nova 1.2spi to corsa 1.4 8v mpi conversion

db_1.2
24-07-07, 11:05 PM
I was just wondering if there was much involved in this conversion, as far as i know its same mounts, same shafts, mpi pump BUT the only thing im really concerend about is the ECU, does this just plug straight into where the SPI ECU was before on the same connecter and loom?

Iain
24-07-07, 11:24 PM
I've just done a similar conversion - 1.4SPI to 1.6 8v MPI. You need to use the 1.4MPI engine loom and ECU.

However if the 1.2 is anything like my 1.4 was the engine and car loom are one complete loom (opposed to separate car and engine looms). This means you can either tie the original engine loom out of the way in the engine bay or do what I did and get a car loom from something like a 1.2 carb and connect that and the new engine loom together.

Hope that makes sense lol

Riggy
25-07-07, 11:22 AM
yeah you will need to get a corsa or mk3 astra engine loom for the engine as they are removable ,

as said the loom in the nova will have to be just tucked out of the way , but you will need to splice the wires from the mpi loom into it ,

also change your fuel pump to an mpi one

db_1.2
25-07-07, 03:58 PM
Sort of lol

But doesnt the mpi ecu plug into the originaly car loom where the spi unit would have been? or do i have to do some chopping?

Also i asume that the corsa manifold fits without trouble

Iain
25-07-07, 04:07 PM
No you can't simply connect the original engine loom up to the new engine and plug the MPI ECU in the SPI one's place.

You need to remove the SPI ECU and tidy its old wiring out of the way. Then use the MPI ECU and its engine loom and connect that to the original car loom, so yes a bit of chopping is required. Not too difficult though.

db_1.2
25-07-07, 07:05 PM
Ah f*ck it ive had enough of novas im gonna break it and get a Talbot Sunbeam woooo!lol

Adam
25-07-07, 07:37 PM
The wiring is truely piss easy.
Just cut the spi loom out the bay, wrap it up.
And use the power feeds to go the mpi ecu.

db_1.2
25-07-07, 08:02 PM
The wiring is truely piss easy.
Just cut the spi loom out the bay, wrap it up.
And use the power feeds to go the mpi ecu.

I thought thats how it went, but what about the ecu light on the dash? Im not that concerend really to be honest as long as the car runs

Adam
25-07-07, 08:09 PM
If you want, ALL the wires for the new mpi ecu can be joined colour to colour to the SPi ecu loom.....
I had to extend them tho due to my ecu sitting on the drivers side.

db_1.2
25-07-07, 08:19 PM
Cool i did think that colours might match up but i havnt had a look at both looms yet but now i know ill definatly get on with the conversion now, cheers Long Live once again very helpfull:thumb: