PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Scrub

Anonymous
07-04-02, 06:23 PM
Im after some info please people! Ive got a 1.4 sr mk3, lowered 40mm all round and is running on 195/45 R 15's. Today i had a look at the front tyres, havent done many miles on em (few thousand i spose) and the insides of both fronts are excessively worn. Its as if its runnig to much negative camber. Is the camber adjustable on the mk3's?? Also any other ideas, i know the tracking could be another reason, but do you reckon it would be the tracking or not? Or is it just one of those things you have to live with when lowering novas?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Cheers. Somerset - Oh Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous
07-04-02, 09:21 PM
mark 3???? :-/

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

Anonymous
07-04-02, 09:35 PM
Nova Mk3?? When did that come out then?!!
The camber isn't adjustable on Mk1's or Mk2's but might be on your Mk3 I dunno.

Anyway either get eccentric top mounts or adjustable rose jointed track control arms from TAS or HH.
If you don't wanna spend money take the damper strut off and where the two bolts go through the knuckle joint, u wanna get a round file and elongate the top bolt hole horizontally, letting the strut pivot a few degrees. This is your adjustable camber.
You need a camber gauge to check it though.

On my second SR i'd lowered it 40mm and had 195/45R15's like you and it put the tracking way out so i'd check that first, it will wear the insides like you said.
You shouldn't have to piss around with the camber really.

Will this take long officer?
Cos your wife is expecting me...

Anonymous
07-04-02, 11:04 PM
mk3?????????? :-/

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!

Anonymous
07-04-02, 11:51 PM
he means mk2.... come on lads

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Anonymous
08-04-02, 07:53 AM
alright lads its 1993 aint to bothered what mk it is, just n e way n e more ideas on what could be causin this!

cheers for that avo nova

Anonymous
08-04-02, 08:02 AM
93? is it feck! its 1991.