PDA

View Full Version : help please

haynes-maxpower
24-07-07, 01:22 AM
im going to be putting a redtop in the max power nova and i need some help please

is it posible to put the redtop on the same mountings as whats in mine as i have been told i can

what sort of BHP am i looking at having

wheres the best place to get part eg drive shafts/manifold/mounts(if i need them)/sternthing kit

what the best brakes i can put on the car as well

any help welcome thank you

olly

draper
24-07-07, 07:55 AM
c20XE are 150bhp as standard but with them being rather old and most thrashed figures vary massively, a freshen up rebuild would help tho.

the gearbox mounting is the same, the drivers side mount needs lowering 1 1/2" and the rear gearbox mount needs a spacer (some do, some dont)

shafts wise you can either try and get some 22 spline TD/GSi shafts or buy some strenghthening ones, try chris astley motorsport or JNC (they'll be able to tell you everything you need)

brakes - whatever you can afford and it depends on what size your wheels your running, most people find 2ltr ATE calipers sufficent enough, especially with some mintex pads

use th esearch button, this topics come up 100s of times :thumb:

craig green
24-07-07, 10:12 AM
What is the 'MAX POWER Nova'?

www.chrisastlymotorsport.co.uk (http://www.chrisastlymotorsport.co.uk) will sort everything for the conversion.

Adam
24-07-07, 11:16 AM

I assume the one out the "max power" haynes manual

Fitment depends largely on what engines currently fitted?

haynes-maxpower
24-07-07, 11:25 AM

yeah the nova out of the manual and it was a 1.2 then i put a 1.6GTE

and thanks for the help

Adam
24-07-07, 11:27 AM
You will need the 2L mounts, and 22spline gte driveshafts then.
Your pump and tank will be fine assuming you changed that when you did the conversion.

The bay needs stitch welding too.

haynes-maxpower
24-07-07, 11:36 AM
You will need the 2L mounts, and 22spline gte driveshafts then.
Your pump and tank will be fine assuming you changed that when you did the conversion.

The bay needs stitch welding too.

i put a pump on but dint change the tank what tank will i need on it and will a strengening kit be better or welding it up

Riggy
24-07-07, 11:38 AM
lol slighlty off topic but put some pics of the car up in its current state , would like to see how its held out ,

i heard that one of the owners didnt look after it atall :thumb:

blue_peg_16v
24-07-07, 01:02 PM
if you get a mounting kit you will not need to lower the off side mount

haynes-maxpower
24-07-07, 01:36 PM
lol slighlty off topic but put some pics of the car up in its current state , would like to see how its held out ,

i heard that one of the owners didnt look after it atall :thumb:

i dont kno how to put pics up as i havent made 15 posts but this is story

i got it in okish condision then new years day i got ran in to back off then couple of week i hit a kurb with the front bumper so thats smashed then sent it off on 9th march to avon costom got it back 10 week later perfect look mint then 3 week after that someone handbrakeing made me go in to back off someone so that front end done again :@ and then i get run in to back of :@ i have no luck with this car at all

craig green
24-07-07, 01:50 PM
The bodykit is jinxed!

I'd suggest plating the engine bay & stitch welding the chassis legs to turrets & bulkhead. Then polybush the fr end & make sure you get some decent suspension as the Redtop weighs a lot more than the 8v smallblocks.

What spec brakes are on it?

haynes-maxpower
24-07-07, 02:01 PM
The bodykit is jinxed!

I'd suggest plating the engine bay & stitch welding the chassis legs to turrets & bulkhead. Then polybush the fr end & make sure you get some decent suspension as the Redtop weighs a lot more than the 8v smallblocks.

What spec brakes are on it?

its still got the 1.2 brakes on and it has avo coilovers on it aswell

Stuart
24-07-07, 02:23 PM
think i know why you keep driving into people and being driven into...

the brakes are pants, AND i bet the brake lights dont work lol.

FB_evolutions
25-07-07, 01:13 AM
i saw it once at sum cruise called united or summit my mate draged me to - was a bit ruff!

Riggy
25-07-07, 11:11 AM
the only pic i can find on the web

http://www.avoncustom.co.uk/gallery/custom/016.jpg

http://www.avoncustom.co.uk/gallery/custom/027.jpg

haynes-maxpower
25-07-07, 12:48 PM
thats when it was 1st made i will get some pics when i get 15 posts