PDA

View Full Version : Random Cutting out, not starting, pain in the damn ****

Oatcakes
23-07-07, 05:28 PM
hello all, can someone please help me with my problem with my car, since buying the car, about a month ago, ive had to replace the head gasket and replace the E.C.U but now my problem seems more sinister, im driving along and all of a sudden it cuts out, no warning, no lights on the dash no nothing, engine just cuts out and im left to role. then it wont start straight away, sometimes it wont start at all. It also wont start for the first time all the time, ive taken the car to greenous who turned round and said we checked all the leads and run the computer and it came up with no error codes, so the car seems fine to us....... what am i going to bloody do

its been in the garage 3 times now, everytime they said they cant see anything wrong with it and the fault doesnt happen when they take it out and test it on the computer.. what the **** ?

General Baxter
23-07-07, 05:36 PM
erm what engine is it for a start

let_nova
23-07-07, 09:32 PM
i had this problem on my 1.4 luxe it would cut out then if i left it it would start again. it turned out to be a dodgey distributer.

Adam
23-07-07, 09:48 PM
My moneys on it being a SPi.
And the problem being either the distributor, the coil overheating, or the fuel pump relay.
Id put money on it being the ignition coil. I had exactly the same symptoms with my old one.

Oatcakes
25-07-07, 05:00 PM
hello there, its a c16xe engine i think, does that sound right leave this one with me, can someone tell me how much im lookingh at to replace these parts you have mentioned, Distributor, coil etc, and whats an spi ?

Adam
25-07-07, 07:50 PM
A c16xe is a 1.6 16v?