PDA

View Full Version : Leccy problem?

Anonymous
19-03-02, 10:15 AM
Just wondered if anybody knew what was going on with my GTE. When I start it in the morning, the battery level is fairly low, my heater doesn't work to full power and my lights are a bit dim. As soon as I rev my car past 3000rpm I hear a click, the battery level goes back up, and everything works like it should normally. After this the car runs fine. Does anybody know whats going on, or if it's anything to worry about?

We like a smooth behind

Anonymous
19-03-02, 10:59 AM
Does the battery light stay lit until you rev it? if so, your alternator is on its way out. It needs extra inducing to get it to charge. to double check, try putting a voltage meter on the battery when the engine is running, it should be around 14Volts with no load (fan. lights etc. off) if its charging correctly. if it stays at 12volts when the engine is running, then the alternator isn't charging.

Anonymous
22-03-02, 11:16 AM
I'll go and check it, thank you, hope it isn't the alternator, haven't got any money for a new one!

We like a smooth behind

Anonymous
07-04-02, 01:21 PM
I had the same problem. Got a replacement from a breakers for ?23, problem sorted. Just make sure you get the right number of amps, about a 65 amp for yours I think?