PDA

View Full Version : ??????engine, torque steer??

Anonymous
02-04-02, 11:28 PM
ok, if i wanted to put a new engine in , and i was thinkin corsa gsi 1.6 16v cuase its lighter and less insurance and money than a 2litre, and can be modded a fair bit, but at the same time, the 2litre looks much better, sounds better goes better, and when modded wil piss over it, but for now the 2litre would have to have no major mods, but 1.6 could have throttle bodies or turbo, and another thing, wot is torque steer? cuase ive read in magazines about 2litre or 2litre turbo nova's etc.. havn g alot of taorque steer?? wot is this, and how can it be stopeed??
thanx :D

Anonymous
02-04-02, 11:48 PM
i'd wait till u could afford the 2 litre for all the reasons u just said, faster, louder etc. torque steer is when u got loadsa power goin through the front wheels and as you accelarate the car pulls left and right and u have to fight to keep the bastard thing in a straight line :D

http://www.srownersclub.co.uk

Anonymous
03-04-02, 12:41 PM
I get that alot in my 1.4. car being yanked to the left or right that is. I think its more to do with my tracking being off then the hamsters under the bonnet.

Anonymous
03-04-02, 05:36 PM
:O:O so u can afford tbs or turbo on a 1.6 but u can't afford anything more than a std 2.0?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D
special rates for girls!!

Anonymous
07-04-02, 09:39 AM
if your thinkin of a conversion why not save til you can either turbo a 2ltr or get one thats already done.... another idea why not look at the 2.5 v6 with throttle bodies and the works... you'd have one of the fastest novas if someone would make it to take two turbo's/// btw this is really crazy talk but if you can it would be fun :D