PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Vehicle Valuers

joff-turbo-nova
21-07-07, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

Having a disagreement with my current insurers (Adrian Flux) regarding the value of my Nova.

After sending them all the pics of the rebuild and current condition they only placed an agreed value of ?8k on it (I wanted ?10k)

Now the parts alone to replace on a like for like basis would be more than ?8k and labour would be on top !

They are saying I need an independent engineers valuation from a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers & Assessors.

Any one used one before and could anyone make any recommendations - I'm in East Yorkshire so localish would be handy.

Many thanks

Joff

joff-turbo-nova
21-07-07, 07:30 PM
Just had a quick tot up of some of the major bits EXCLUDING labour we're over ?13k !!!!!

Good condition bare bodyshell ? 500
2 x brand new GM doors ?180 ea ? 360
1 x GM tailgate ? 130
2 x GM wings ?75 ea ? 150
Kingdom developments front bumper ? 200
GM standard rear bumper ? 75
Rear Pi spoiler ? 95
Standard C20LET engine ?1000
JE low compression pistons ? 500
KKK Turbo Technics hybrid turbo ? 800
Stud conversion on block ? 100
Reprofiled cam shafts ? 185
Arrow uprated connecting rods ? 400
Z20LET oil pump ? 130
Complete GM seal & bearing kit for C20LET ? 350
F28 six speed gearbox with 2wd ? 400
Driveshafts, hubs & mounts ? 695
308mm brake conversion kit ? 395
Rear disc conversion ? 150
Alloys & tyres ? 500
Alloy intercooler ? 400
Alloy radiator ? 350
FMD front strut brace ? 160
Sparco Torino seats ?349 ea ? 698
Interior retrim (seats, door cards & headlining) ? 750
Bilstein coilover PSS9 suspension kit ?1100
Bareshell respray in GM Europa Blue ?1300
ICE installation (2 x amps, headunit, changer & Sub) ? 900
EPAS power steering system & ECU ? 375

TOTAL ?13,184*

*This list is not exhaustive and only covers the main components of the vehicle

tony k
21-07-07, 08:14 PM
i had mine done from a tuning company just gave the person a drink to erite me one out is there a fabricating shop or an car builders near you so they can write you one out thats all i done plus i brung the car down there just to show them

ade
22-07-07, 10:42 AM
what you have to remember is that most insurers will give you a compartive valuation based on the age of the car and the ability to obtain the new parts - a policy based on the cars value for a car thats over 10 years old is always going to be difficult to assess.

If you have the receipts that will go some way to prove how much its technically worth - an engineers report just checks for those parts being on the car and for the strnegth/condition of the shell. Last thing they want is for you to write it off just after policy starts and find the car was rotten through (not that it is of course!)

most insurers will always quote a fair chunk less than the cars actually worth and then haggle for the difference.

Not sure how to get hold of an engineers report personally - although I remember kwik fit insisting I got one for my Nova when I stuck the Nova GSi front seats into it! lol The said without it I'd be uninsured

pmsl!