PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a new head on a SRI NOVA

Stantonio
21-07-07, 09:59 AM
Two days ago i was doing 105 in 4th and when to go into 5th but it slipped into 3rd (dam linkage). so i bent a vavle and snapped a follower lol.

The thing is i have bought a new head off a CORSA SRI which has a kent kam in it, but the thing is its got a coil pack on it instead of a dizzy cap, how do i make it fit?

Any suggetions please? :tard:

Stuart
21-07-07, 10:41 AM
erm strip the corsa head back to bare, and fit the nova bits on it... easy.

oh and you werent doing 105mph incase a newspaper is reading ;)

Stantonio
21-07-07, 10:50 AM
My speedo must of been wrong ;)) hah

Adam
21-07-07, 12:17 PM
Remove the DISpak fixing plate, fit a m8 rod into the thread underneath the dispak, then fit the dizzy.

Stantonio
22-07-07, 11:10 AM
Yer i've done that buddy, got it all back together and was waiting for the magic moment, but now it spits what looks like water out of the forth pot out the manafold (the manafold is currently not on as thebolts have rounded off the old head, i really need to get it back on as it's part of a four branch), any reason for this, i think the headgasket might be on wrong???

HELP HELP LOL :(

Stantonio
05-10-07, 10:47 AM
haha this is an old thread, but to clear things up i just didn't tighten the head down enough that was all. lol

FUSION X16XE
05-10-07, 04:01 PM
please dont tell me its taken you 3months to sort out the problem lol

Adam
05-10-07, 04:37 PM
haha this is an old thread, but to clear things up i just didn't tighten the head down enough that was all. lol
I hope you were tightening it with a proper torque wrench, and angle settings and not just tell it felt tight lol