PDA

View Full Version : smoking

draper
21-07-07, 08:55 AM
how many people here smoke ??

my missus does and as were rather broke at the minute she hasnt got any fags, ive just watched her count up all the 2ps and 1ps, ring the bank to discover she has 80p available in her account and moan at me because i bought a paper yesterday with some change i had in my jeans - it was like watching a junkie trying to get a fix and a very sad state of affairs !!

i like a drink but its not the end of the world if i cant get one (honest)

does not having a pack of fags matter that much ??

bump
21-07-07, 09:27 AM
it was like watching a junkie trying to get a fix and a very sad state of affairs !!

i like a drink but its not the end of the world if i cant get one (honest)

does not having a pack of fags matter that much ??

Nicotine has higher addictive properties than Heroin, so in all effects you were watching a junkie+.

Matt2107
21-07-07, 11:09 AM
Smoking is for LOSERS!!!

Stuart
21-07-07, 11:26 AM
should have pimped her out for a pack...

Lee
21-07-07, 11:34 AM
It sucks being addicted, but i dont think id be that desperate for a nicotine fix!

dannyb
21-07-07, 11:40 AM
I smoke, I started at 15 and now I'm 23, I dont think I would have started at all had I not started when I was 15, but as most of you know, you are a different person when you're 15 to what you are at present. I would like to say somehting positive like I'm going to give it up but I'm in no real hurry to. I can afford to smoke and enjoy it on the drive home from work or with a decent cup of coffee/tea as opposed to drinking which I don't like doing (can't drive on it/can't be ****d with hangovers/makes me a angry person, esp Stella and Newcastle Brown). I have been cutting down as I was mooting the idea of stopping for my nephews 2nd birthday which has been fairly simple (from 10/15 a day to less than 5) which has helped in terms of wanting a smoke. I don't get desperate for it anymore and can hold on for a tab if I'm out somewhere, but I know exactly where your girlfriend is coming from with really wanting a smoke sometimes, especially if she works in a high stress environment like mine!

Iain
21-07-07, 12:59 PM
Smoking becomes uncool when you turn 16.

shy witness
21-07-07, 01:05 PM
i absolutely hate smoking myself

bloody disgusting habbit.....

and ive seen the similar sortta thing sthat yer girl is going through with mates.......and indeed my da years ago

seems too me that most of my smoking mates spend half of their time talking about stopping aswell ffs...........

a pointless.....disgustin....filthy habit .....thast what it is

its horrible to watch......thank fook i never started is all i can say

sport
21-07-07, 01:27 PM
Usually smoke when im drinking, doesnt bother me when im not. all about will power lol

Novadex
21-07-07, 01:52 PM
I smoke, I can handle not having any tho. But as for saying that nicotine has higher addictive properties than Heroin, thats rong. Heroin users F*K up if they dont get there fix, they trip there nuts of and think there going to die. No nicotine ive herd of could be that bad...

Kinky Monza
21-07-07, 02:21 PM
I smoke, but fortunately i've not been in that position where i've had no money!

Draper, i'll lend you a fiver lol

Paul
21-07-07, 03:22 PM
Its week 6 of me giving up had about 40 in that time, hadnt even thought of it today until i read this thread lol!

bump
21-07-07, 04:45 PM
But as for saying that nicotine has higher addictive properties than Heroin, thats rong. Heroin users F*K up if they dont get there fix, they trip there nuts of and think there going to die. No nicotine ive herd of could be that bad...

It has Higher addictive properties, but doesn't cause the same or similar psychological processes within the brain. Hence different withdrawls symptoms.

Andy
21-07-07, 04:53 PM
i smoked from 14 up until 20 then stopped,and still enjoy the occasional crafty ones!! i wouldnt say im addicted,as i dont have them every day,just when im drinking and sometimes at work,stopping was very hard. anyone who says they pissed it is lying!!!

Stanley
21-07-07, 04:59 PM
i absolutely hate smoking myself

I cant imagine it being too pleasant, i have to saylollol

Mike
21-07-07, 06:22 PM
I smoke. I too am in no real hurry to quit. As for counting up all the 2's & 1's ive never been that bad lol

I dont drink much at all anymore, so i suppose i save a considerable amout of money there im comparission to maybe ?10 in cigarettes, as oppose to a ?80/100 night out on a friday or saturday.

smcgsi16v
21-07-07, 09:22 PM
I've smoked since I was 12, and i'm now 28.
Get her smoking roll-ups; I do and it only costs me ?35 a month and I smoke less than if I was on tailors.

Geth
21-07-07, 09:33 PM
I smoke, I would give up but I enjoy it too much. I have to admit I have been in a penny counting situation before just to buy a pack of fags but I keep one of those Mahussive whisky bottles full of change for such situations.

dannyb
22-07-07, 11:13 AM
Has anyone noticed the sweaty body smell in pubs now that smokings been banned? I went to the Wetherspoons recently and it smelt of man sweat (think apre-football changing room), feet and cheap vanilla girl perfume no doubt to conceal the smell of sweat and feet.. Disgusting.

Mike
22-07-07, 12:03 PM
Has anyone noticed the sweaty body smell in pubs now that smokings been banned? I went to the Wetherspoons recently and it smelt of man sweat (think apre-football changing room), feet and cheap vanilla girl perfume no doubt to conceal the smell of sweat and feet.. Disgusting.

i know some poeple think the cigarette smell is nasty, but its amazing what it can hide lol lol

bump
22-07-07, 12:37 PM
I was in the Thekla the other week and it just smelt of fart and BO. Maybe they'll start stocking something other than Guiness now lol

Mike
22-07-07, 07:04 PM
I dont smoke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtpozvE-qLA) lol

draper
22-07-07, 07:08 PM
lol

peester
22-07-07, 07:14 PM
if i didn't smoke.. ude find me on http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/

lol

Kickingriffin
22-07-07, 07:59 PM
I gave up 3 weeks ago.....smoked since i was 13 im 23 now...im coping ok...

draper
22-07-07, 08:28 PM

as long as you keep the **** away from me you ****ing idiot

i said away from me or ill knife youand video it to play back to your kids your ****ing **** **** loser

you'll be fine love :thumb:

peester
22-07-07, 08:49 PM

hey well done.. good on ya :thumb:

tony k
22-07-07, 09:07 PM
i did smoke quite alot before well that was when i was with one off my old birds she will out smoke dot cotton blimey she could smoke the people i work with smoke well the thing is i only smoke now when im doing my car as getting stressed with it so thats the only time really but im gonna give it a go at the weekend see if i cant do it as putting my engine in lets see what happens?

Lee Page
23-07-07, 11:13 AM
Not that desperate, but sometimes your gaggin for one, sometimes ya not, im cutting down big time to save money. wish i never started.

Riggy
23-07-07, 11:50 AM
i dont smoke , all my family do though and i hate goin round to my mums house because of it lol cant breath

ive not noticed the smelly sweat smell in pubs yet though , but it has been ace comin home from a night out and your cloths dot stink :thumb:

woody307
18-11-07, 01:06 PM
Smoking makes you look cool!!!

Smoking makes you look hard!!!

It is ****ing horrible tho!

d171jvf
18-11-07, 02:09 PM

thats cause you were in wetherspoons! the place where all the alcoholics go for cheap booze!

DTR-DEVIL
19-11-07, 11:50 PM
Smoking was good, until it got banned in pubs and workplaces :(

just vaux trev
20-11-07, 12:03 AM
i'v tried to quit countless times and every time i do well the mrs pees me off
and well it starts all over again
it's like she thinks i'v got some secret riches and wants to kill me off lol

novabex
20-11-07, 08:19 AM
I've quit recently.

And I can tell when people smoke now. Because they come in work and they proper stink.

I'm just glad I don't smell like that anymore!

5T1G
20-11-07, 04:50 PM
PAR, it cost's you money and makes you smell like a bitch.

now crack on the other hand......