PDA

View Full Version : delocking doors

kyle
07-05-02, 06:20 PM
hey,
ive got a nova sr, and as with many it has been broken into several times! this is begining to get on my tits, as you can well imagine.
anyway, the point is, a while back i bought a remote central locking kit, which uses the cars original central locking.
my car has central locking, or so i thought. what i found out is that only the passenger side door has a lock motor and therefore that will be the only one to lock. so i sent the kit back to trusty demon tweeks!
but i really wanna fit it cause it will be cheap than replacing both locks.

can someone please tell me how i can get the system to work on my car! and save me alot of money in the process!
cheers all!

ade
07-05-02, 09:40 PM
I thought the drivers side was the master and this powered the passenger door? I'm trying to fit central locking to mine then plan to wire into my existing alarm via wires that came with the alarm (allowing remote locking via a fob so I can delock it). Check the instructions again to make sure its wired to the right door. Should activate the drivers door which in turn locks the passenger door (so I'm lead to believe)

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

ollster
07-05-02, 10:48 PM
no there is no solenoid in the driver door simply a switch which locks the passenger door. You neeed to get a solenoid for the drivers door which you then wire to the alarm and this solenoind also sends a signal to the passenger dorr to lock that to

live fast, die young, leave good looking corpse

kyle
08-05-02, 11:36 AM
cheers lads.
do you know if the solinoid for the passenger side will fit on the drivers side? or will i need to find one which is specifically for the drivers side and has an output to open/close the passneger side?

ollster
09-05-02, 09:07 PM
you need to find a special one with a wire that will go to the alarm

ollster
09-05-02, 09:07 PM
you need to find a special one with a wire that will go to the alarm