PDA

View Full Version : C20 Let Cam Cover

dominik_g
19-07-07, 03:13 PM
Hi just wondered if anyone knows how I can tighten the cambelt cover on my c20let Nova as it seem to have come loose & is slightly catching the alernator! :mad:

Id prefer to be able to tighten it whilst still in the car rather than dropping the engine to do so as rather tight fit to inner arch!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

R1CH
19-07-07, 06:09 PM
You can get in no bother, might be worth taking the belt cover off and making sure that the 3 stud type things they mount to are screwed in propperly as well, but to do that you've gotta take the alt belt off.

Rich

dominik_g
19-07-07, 10:18 PM
Thanks Rich, the middle screw on the cam cover is really close to the inner wing & we have tried to get something in there to tighten the bolts but is way to tight to get in there!

Are you sure mate that it should be that easy to get to?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

R1CH
19-07-07, 10:59 PM
I've had the cover off mine a few times and changed the timing belt without any probs, yeah the middle bolt is a bit tight to get in at, i've got a swan neck 10mm spanner so that probly helps, once the bolt is loose tho you can get it out with your fingers, maybe try bending a spanner to fit or hold a 1/4" 10mm socket in some molerips ??
The fun of owning a 16v Nova !!

dominik_g
20-07-07, 09:54 AM
Thanks again Rich, doesnt make any difference if its the turbo engine does it?
Would it be any tighter fit down there rather than just the XE engine?

Sorry for seeming abit dumb :roll:

R1CH
20-07-07, 06:17 PM
Nah no difference, done on it on both XE's & LET's in Novas