PDA

View Full Version : Rear Anti Roll Bar

Paul
17-07-07, 10:35 PM
Whats the deal with these? Do they make any difference?

My car sits quite high at the back, and doesnt handle as well as I'd like it too, how can I change this, lower springs?

Cheers

Paul

Welsh Dan
17-07-07, 11:16 PM
They do exactly what they say, they reduce bodyroll at the rear, most people reccomend using a rear antiroll bar but not using a front one. If you want to improve the handling, replace all of the shocks and springs for a decent (AVO, Bilstein, Koni etc..) suspension kit, or some coilovers.

If you stiffen the rear suspension more than the front, then the car will develop a tendancy to oversteer, so its best to get a matched set of 4 springs and shocks from a single manufacturer.

Paul
18-07-07, 12:11 PM
i have coilovers (spax at the moment) and a full cage, but it doesnt seem to handle as well at the back than it does at the front
feels 'loose' at the back...

Adam
18-07-07, 12:32 PM
Its probably the lack of weight in the back making it feel a bit un-easy.

GRUNT 16V
18-07-07, 03:11 PM
anti roll bar and some poly bushes bud then add a harry hockley strengthening kit if you want over kill!!

Ash
18-07-07, 03:34 PM
what tyres/tyre pressures are you running?

Paul
18-07-07, 06:56 PM
have polybushes at the rear also, im beginning to think it may be to loack of weight ad.

HH dont even do a strengthening kit for the rear do they?

I am running some beautiful (ahem cough cough) ventus tyres and dont know what pressure though.

Welsh Dan
19-07-07, 12:23 AM
You could move the battery to the spare wheel well to help press the back down a bit more.

Ash
19-07-07, 12:33 AM
when did you first notice the 'loose end'? maybe worth messing about with tyre pressures (less PSI for less wieght) or some 'more beautiful' tyres lol

Paul
19-07-07, 10:21 AM
i dont know ive only covered 1300 miles this year, and i havent touched trye pressure since PV, and i noticed it the other day, think im getting my torque wrench out and checking bolts under there today.

GRUNT 16V
19-07-07, 10:40 AM
Yes Ther Are 2 Plates On The Hh Kit That Go On The Rear Akle Mounting Points

Paul
19-07-07, 10:42 AM
never knew that!