PDA

View Full Version : Turbo-ing

Anonymous
04-04-02, 10:53 AM
OK, looking for a decent performance boost on my GTE, and turboing looks like a good option. I was wondering what kinda cost I am looking at here?

Anonymous
04-04-02, 05:54 PM
From courtenay about ?2500 to ?3000 depending if you get an intercooler and a water spray system

Anonymous
05-04-02, 08:23 AM
Carbs, head cam and zorst will be cheaper, faster and more reliable.

Anonymous
05-04-02, 11:29 PM
This topic keeps on popping up, maybe its time someone wrote a guide to doing it ;)

<not me>

I have a receipt for ?2995 from Courtenay for my turbo conversion. As far as I was aware all their conversions come with intercoolers so that shouldn't affect the price. I've heard that they do do water injection kits too - but to be honest my charge air temp doesn't get very high, even when caning the arse off of it in the summer. That said, all charge cooling is a good thing.

From my own personal experience, its not cheap owning one - it drinks petrol when on full chat and turbo's are about ?750 (approx) from Turbo Technics so when they go your wallet will know about it.

Its a fun car, and obviously the handling isn't affected adversely as there is very little weight difference caused by the turbo ancillaries. Im still yet to see one do the quarter in under 15 secs though, which is upsetting...maybe Spankee's T3'd beast will soon.....

<You wont catch me taking mine up the strip, I'm a self confessed wimp>

Ben.