PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40 problems!

Anonymous
04-04-02, 07:16 PM
Finally took thhe car for a spin round the block today, but it just wouldn't accelerate! As soon as you put your foot down it just bogs down and just wont go! the bloke that krypton tuned it yesterday said that there wasn't any extra fuel getting to the carbs when you nail the throttle (co levels were reading the same as when it was idling). its idling fine though. anyone know what this could be? could it be anyting to do with the accelerator pump jets being too small or something along those lines?

Cheers!

Anonymous
04-04-02, 07:35 PM
krypton tune?????, you need to get it rolling roaded and get em jetted properly, book yourself into one and nurse it there, you will come home with a big grin

Bends were made to rule and rules were made to bend

Anonymous
04-04-02, 08:21 PM
the only reason i got it krypton tuned was cos it wouldn't even idle! I don't think it would make it down to a rolling road mate its that bad!

Anonymous
04-04-02, 10:08 PM
thats the thing mate when stationary the car runs different to under load. u need to get it set up properly on a RR to get the best from it

Anonymous
05-04-02, 08:18 AM
E-mail me with exact descriptions of idleing, smoothness, etc, and let me know the Jet sizes. I'll help you get the right sizes. What size chokes have you got? Are the carbs balanced properly? Did you give them an overhaul before using them? Rolling roads are ideal, but if you know what you are doing you can get 95% there without one.

Anonymous
05-04-02, 06:07 PM
mc aka defector is the daddy when it comes to twin 40`s , he had me sorted out in no time

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website http://network54.com/Realm/Snakes_with_tits