PDA

View Full Version : Had a Slight issue last nite..

Martin
17-07-07, 11:39 AM
Hey,

rolled my mums car last nite.. what can i say but, **** me its scary

Right i was leaving old tescos just turning a corner and a green corsa(i think) was racing in i swerved to miss it but also slammed my breaks on so the back end then kicked out i tryed to correct it and as i did it hit the kerb and rolled over, and the otherr car funked off...

Luckly it was only me in the car as my seat belt came of and i did a full turn in the car and landed in the passenger seat.
all my mates came rushing over and tiped the car back onto its wheels as i couldnt get out..

heres pics..
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/DSC00519.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/DSC00523.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/DSC00522.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/DSC00520.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/DSC00521.jpg

also the other downside is, ive gota sell my nova t help fund a new car for mummy and she said i have to get rid as a punishment..

Ricky G
17-07-07, 12:17 PM
gutted fella that must be annoying. what nova you gotta sell then?

Kinky Monza
17-07-07, 12:32 PM
Didn't think you'd passed your test yet!!??

craig green
17-07-07, 12:45 PM
Your Mum Will be chuffed then?

Gutted for ya. Rolling a car aint for wussies!

Martin
17-07-07, 01:26 PM
Didn't think you'd passed your test yet!!??

passed it month ago..

Your Mum Will be chuffed then?

Gutted for ya. Rolling a car aint for wussies!

shes just happy am in one peice..

Martin
17-07-07, 01:28 PM
gutted fella that must be annoying. what nova you gotta sell then?

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82696

Matt2107
17-07-07, 01:29 PM
lol.. I can imagine that phone call.

"Mom... I just rolled your car..............."

Glad your ok mate.
Its annoying that the other ****er buggered off.

Martin
17-07-07, 01:42 PM
she thought i was jokin, until it turned up outside our house

Stuart
17-07-07, 02:32 PM
doh.... alteast mk3 stras are cheap as chips to buy though :D

Martin
17-07-07, 02:44 PM
yea got a new one for ?300 T&T lol..

glad it wont a nova

GRUNT 16V
17-07-07, 03:06 PM
did it hurt????

Martin
17-07-07, 03:30 PM
hurts more today

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 03:34 PM
well a lest there's one thing, you no not to press the brake's next time,
oh and most roads have curbs they can be a b******d lol

Martin
17-07-07, 03:39 PM
yea good one..

ive been drivin a month and thats the 1st time ive had t do anything liek that so panciced

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 03:42 PM
ok fair enough, let you off,

dont worry i lost the back end ov me nov van wen i just got on thre road and ended up on an island lol its all good fun

looky though the car was fine

Ash
17-07-07, 04:24 PM
ow! Glad your OK mate.

btw why is she making you sell the nova as punishment if it wasn't your fault? (not having a go, just wondering)

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 04:30 PM
there must be more to it that he dosn't admits to lol

Iain
17-07-07, 04:52 PM
all my mates came rushing over and tiped the car back onto its wheels as i couldnt get out..

His mates were watching, obviously doing badass handbrake turns :plol

General Baxter
17-07-07, 05:19 PM
whats it like being capsized lol

Dar
17-07-07, 05:22 PM
I didn't realise that Astras went over so easily!:eek:

Mike
17-07-07, 05:25 PM
The amont of damage to that shell for a "low speed" roll over is not consistent with said speed.

That looks more like a nice good 40mph flip onto its front pillar

Martin
17-07-07, 10:23 PM
it rolled over on a kerb thats were the damage came from,

why the funk would i go round a corner and more then 30mph in a non lower car thats not mine?

draper
17-07-07, 10:26 PM
whoops, glad your ok tho matey

Martin
17-07-07, 10:26 PM
there must be more to it that he dosn't admits to lol

becuz it was her only form of transport and i'm skint atm so thats were the money for a new ones cming from, there isint much cash coming in the house with my dad been disabled and my mum only been able to work 25hours a week due to her illness..

Why the **** would i do handbrakes in my mums car, i'd save all that for my own..

i new i was gona get slated on this thread, but hey, just thought id share my experenceis with you all..

Martin
17-07-07, 10:27 PM
His mates were watching, obviously doing badass handbrake turns :plol

yea thats what happend... :wtf:

Martin
17-07-07, 10:30 PM

Only reason all the damage is on the frnt end is because i was fully sideways in oposite lock tryi9n to correct it but hit the kerb and it sent the wheel back the other way and the car rolled onto the kerb.....

draper
17-07-07, 10:32 PM
The amont of damage to that shell for a "low speed" roll over is not consistent with said speed.

id have to disagree there, there isnt 'that' much damage imo, flipping a car at 40 causes lots more damage

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/draper01/whoops.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/draper01/enginebay.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/draper01/driversdoor.jpg

:thumb:

Martin
17-07-07, 10:33 PM
cheers draper,

i also think i know how fast i was/wasent going, and i dont lie about things id of owned up2 drivin like a tooll but.. i wasent its my mams car ffs

Jim Mcrae
17-07-07, 10:35 PM
Been there done that! horrible aint it, i done it im my nova spent literally thousands on it over 2 years gone in 10 seconds. Glad your okay, learnt you lesson you wont do it again!

Martin
17-07-07, 10:37 PM
learnt you lesson you wont do it again!

do what again swerve to avoid a car???:tard:

Mike
17-07-07, 10:40 PM
id have to disagree there, there isnt 'that' much damage imo, flipping a car at 40 causes lots more damage

:thumb:

thats a flip, not a roll though.

If i can find the pics, ill show what a Saxo looks like after a 80mph flip, 8 flips (front over rear) and a mighty crash landing :thumb:

Looking at the pic of that Astra, that must have landed very hard on its side/big curb to do that much damage if you were just pulling out of a junction/car park.

AND BEFORE you jump to conclusion and spout out a load of tosh im not accusing you of anything un toward.

Martin
17-07-07, 10:43 PM
Looking at the pic of that Astra, that must have landed very hard on its side/big curb to do that much damage if you were just pulling out of a junction/car park.

belive me it went with a big bang, i was doin 30mph coming out f the junction as it an open at the right hand side(its a deadend)as i turned out of the corner i herd/saw this car steamin up the road and **** myself! its scary **** ive been drivin a month and it was the 1st time ive realy had t ever do any thing like that.. so i panicd simple as...

Mike
17-07-07, 10:45 PM
belive me it went with a big bang, i was doin 30mph coming out f the junction as it an open at the right hand side(its a deadend)as i turned out of the corner i herd/saw this car steamin up the road and **** myself! its scary **** ive been drivin a month and it was the 1st time ive realy had t ever do any thing like that.. so i panicd simple as...

Well thats fair enough then, altho personally regardless of a dead end street or not, why were you pulling out of a junction at 30mph is beyond me lol i take it youve learnt your lesson ;)

Martin
17-07-07, 10:49 PM
Well thats fair enough then, altho personally regardless of a dead end street or not, why were you pulling out of a junction at 30mph is beyond me lol i take it youve learnt your lesson ;)

ok oki.. i'l come clean...

i was doing a ton and did two 360's before i hit the kerb...

:roll: :roll: :tard: :thumb:

Mike
17-07-07, 10:52 PM
ok oki.. i'l come clean...

i was doing a ton and did two 360's before i hit the kerb...

:roll: :roll: :tard: :thumb:

:tard:

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 11:03 PM
:bullsht: mate ive handbraked my mums car so if you say you have never done it or full of it.

Jack
17-07-07, 11:06 PM
do what again swerve to avoid a car???:tard:
Yeah, you should have tried to take the corsa out with you - one less corsa on the roads is a good thing lol

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 11:09 PM
yes take out the corsa's lol

Mike
17-07-07, 11:11 PM
yes take out the corsa's lol

Indeed :) my corsa bears some nice battle scars ;) i pull out infront of anyone i see speeding whilst in my corsa, as the insurance will garanteed pay out more then what i paid for it :thumb:

Dan 130
17-07-07, 11:16 PM
mmm im confused two 360's and a roll over or a simple il get out the the way and mount a kerb

Martin
18-07-07, 10:25 AM
:bullsht: mate ive handbraked my mums car so if you say you have never done it or full of it.

thats because you a cnut:cool:

the 2 360s bit was a joke..

Ernie
18-07-07, 04:30 PM
Sorry to go of topic a bit but as for driving parents or any other member of your familys car's i to will admit to giving them death from time to time.If i wasnt having a mince in my ex's street ka with the roof down in the rain you may find me trying to get the back end back in line wile trying to drift my mums pajaro.We've all been there as will many others. But best to learn to play in your own car first before playing in somebody else's.Glad your ok.

Martin
18-07-07, 04:36 PM
Sorry to go of topic a bit but as for driving parents or any other member of your familys car's i to will admit to giving them death from time to time.If i wasnt having a mince in my ex's street ka with the roof down in the rain you may find me trying to get the back end back in line wile trying to drift my mums pajaro.We've all been there as will many others. But best to learn to play in your own car first before playing in somebody else's.Glad your ok.

yea but how long have you been drivin?

i past a month ago and wouldnt even dare to think about givin my mums car abuse, if it was mine then yea thats a diff story i can manage with out my car, but my mum couldnt...

Ernie
18-07-07, 04:45 PM
Dont take it as a dig i was just getting a point across. As for driving i pass my test in 1992 so been driving for a littlw wile now you could say and hope you get things sorted.
Just an idear cant you just reshell the astra as it was a slow speed roll most bits should be fine.

Martin
18-07-07, 04:52 PM
nah the front pillars took the grunt of the kerb and the roofs bent a tad,, moms scraped it anyway and is wanting ?500 of me..

Ernie
18-07-07, 04:57 PM
fare play. hope you get things sorted. you shoud of stripped it and sold the parts on Ebay as would of made a little bit back.

Martin
18-07-07, 05:03 PM
she just wanted it gone, bit of an isaw lol