PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions...

novaco
16-07-07, 10:38 PM
firstly before we start...i have a 1400 SR with webber 32/34....and its a **** :) lol

had major running problems coming home from billing...tapping...no coolant pressure...running like ****...and wouldnt blow hot air through the heaters..even after 200 miles..

so i replaced the head gasget...all is fine..

however it was also very very spluttery...power would come and go the revs would build up and die without even moving the accelerator for the position is was in all the way up the motor way.. :confused: on some occasions (services) when moving slow and stopping at junctions it would cut out..and be a bitch to start..

so...when i replaced the headgasget at the weekend...everything seemed fine sunday night/ this morning..

however..tnite its started again..keeps spluttering and cutting out...:confused: open the bonnet and its absolutely steaming hot!! however the fan is still cutting in..:confused:

any ideas?

Problemo numiro 2!!

my temp gauge doest work...which does not help the above..

ive changed the sensor (inlet manifold) and cleaned it up a few times..but still nothing..?

just to add...when i did the head gasget i did everything...(just to rule out some other things suggestions)

water pump, head gasget, thermostat, belts, head was skimmed and all valves re-cut, also added brand new cam, followers and lifters..

realy need some answers to any help greatly appreciated!! this is my daily drive and im lost without it!!

cheers folks!:thumb: