PDA

View Full Version : Offset!

Anonymous
19-03-02, 11:46 AM
ok this offset business is gettin on me boobs, ive read things that explain it such as the article on this webby and i think i understabd it! But i can neva see wot offset alloys are, does it not state it in mags or on the net with alloys or am i blind? if im not do i have to phone up everytime i see a nice set of alloys to find out wot offfset they are? Also wot offset do we recommmend if 49 int possible? Cheers Al

walsby@hotmail.com

Anonymous
19-03-02, 11:52 AM
yes 49mm is best. I cant explain it any better than its explained on this site all I can say is read it over and over again until you understand it. It wont uaually state the offset in the mags. These companys dont usually have all the wheels you see in the ads, they will send off for them as they are ordered. You just tell the company what wheels you want and what car you have and they will know what specifications are needed.

Anonymous
19-03-02, 12:10 PM
ET49 is best, you can use as low as ET45 but you'll get arch rub and torque steer. Some companys will try and sell you wheels with ET45, or ET42 but tell them to fuck off. Any lower and you'll get big problems just getting them to fit under the arches, let alone driving with them.
when i didn't know anything about nova's i got some TSW's with ET35, the rear arch was sitting on top of the tyre!! nice!

Anonymous
19-03-02, 06:43 PM
i know how you feel mate, its very annoying!
and you havnt even foned any companys up yet....!
in my opinion, if ur prepared to do sum bodywork, you can go as low as et40.thats wot mine are anyway!they're 17s.i dont get much trouble, apart from with a full load!
if you go for et49, you'll need wheel spacers.
the trouble you'll hav is that not many companys make et45+
most wheels are et35 - et40. so the chances are, like i did, you'll see sum wheels u like then wen u go 2 order them, you'll find they're a low offset! Can be a real pain in the arse!!

Anonymous
19-03-02, 11:38 PM
I have some Fox 15" at ET42, I have had the garage go at the arches with grinders + rollers to give a lovely fit :)

As long as you have enough ???, you can do anything.

HTH

Toby

Anonymous
20-03-02, 12:12 PM
*lol* @ Toby

"as long as you have enough ???, you can do anything"

lets seee sum1 put a 5 litre in a nova and slam it 100mm on 20s.......!!

*lol*

Anonymous
20-03-02, 04:05 PM
"slam it 100mm on 20s.......!!"

ain't u seen lancys car?

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
20-03-02, 05:00 PM
ummm.....no i aint!

why? whats he done?

....is it in the feature car section?

Anonymous
22-03-02, 05:19 AM
macca.....there's a Reliant Kitten with a 5-6 something litre V8 in it, so fitting one in a Nova would be easier.

(I'm talking dragsters here of course)

and.....why would you need spacers with et49???

Anonymous
22-03-02, 11:46 AM
v8 kitten

http://members.madasafish.com/~beardmore/website%20pages/reliant_kitten.htm

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
22-03-02, 06:47 PM
i think you need spacers with et49 wheels coz they rub on the shocks or springs. i think thats right, but dont quote me on it!

a dragster nova.....what a thought!!!

V8 Reliant kitten? there the 3-wheelers aint they?

sumthing i've always wondered - how do they drive then? i mean they cant hav driveshafts can they? *lol*

anyone know.....??????

Anonymous
22-03-02, 06:50 PM
i think you need spacers with et49 wheels coz they rub on the shocks or springs. i think thats right, but dont quote me on it!

a dragster nova.....what a thought!!!

lol @ that kitten. thats as low as fcuk! pretty sweet though! imagine beating a porsche in that? *lol*

Anonymous
04-04-02, 04:45 PM
hum why not just fit 22" alloys and have the whole car rolled so they fit!!!!

Would get you in any mag + you'll have a ?30k bank loan!