PDA

View Full Version : Broken my car help needed!!

winnie
16-07-07, 11:44 AM
Hi people i need some help please,

Ive got a nova with a C20XE on R1 Carbs. I took it out the other day and was driving about all afternoon with no probs except a slight over fueling which is to be expected as carbs not accurate or set up.

After leaving car for about half hour i got in and started it and all of a sudden it started tapping really loud and knocking on the top left of the engine. The no1 carb was also spitting fuel. (it sounded like a spokey dokey/ card in the wheel of a bike)

I turned the engine off and checked the usuals to find that there was next to no oil in her although if i took the oil cap off engine was oiled and it was clean oil aswell.

I can't imagine that this was the causing factor to it becoming broken but i got a nice AA truck home to be safe :thumb:

Does anyone have any ideas before i start to strip the engine down?

Cheers

tom_beverley
16-07-07, 11:58 AM
Ermmmm... regular oil level checks in the future? lol

Tappets may need replacing if you ran it dry, or if you did check the oil it could be worn valve stem oil seams or piston rings at a guess, or maybe a leak

winnie
16-07-07, 12:41 PM
Lol oil checks would help :D

Cheers mate was kinda along the lines what i was thinking.

Bouch
16-07-07, 07:13 PM
Might be a long shot, but check that your not getting petrol in the oil.

If you say that the carbs are over fuelling and the filler cap looks clean, you might be getting fuel in the oil.

Thinned out oil will make things rattle and wreck you engine.

Just a long shot:thumb: