PDA

View Full Version : nov ecotec imob problem

gammienov16v
15-07-07, 04:40 PM
ive put an ecow**k into me nov, i just wonderd wether anyone no's how i go round the imob without removing it from the ecu:confused: help very welcome

Adam
15-07-07, 04:48 PM
You cant, simple as that.

gammienov16v
15-07-07, 04:50 PM
wot s the easeist way to get round it, then apart from puttin an seh xe or let in the car insted

gammienov16v
15-07-07, 05:24 PM
anyone :cry:

burgo
15-07-07, 05:33 PM
if you speak english then more people will be able to read what you want help with

gammienov16v
15-07-07, 05:44 PM
ive put a 2.0l 16v ecow**k into me nov, all was well untill i realised that the imbo, was cutting thr fuel pump out, ive try puttin a permanet feed from the battery 2 the feul pump, but the the spark went i did the same with the spark as i did withe feul pump but stil no look.

it well fire butt cut straigt out again the feul pump primes 4 a second.

any suggestions:thumb:

my explaining is w**k i no:tard:

Mazz
15-07-07, 07:41 PM
So that translated into English, basically means means you have 2.0 ecotec in a Nova, and the immobiliser is kicking in and you haven't got the chip in the key?

Adam
15-07-07, 07:43 PM
See my original reply.

The ONLY way to get round it is to pay ?200ish to have the ECU re-programmed.

Does the ecu light flash when you turn the ignition on?

Clean 2.0 nova
15-07-07, 10:50 PM
Well my answer bucks the negative replies you've had so far.

You don't need to get the ECU reprogrammed. What you need is to wire in the key sensor, 2 wires to ECU (I think), a permanent supply, a switched supply, ground and a speed signal from a transducer. I have just wired mine in this weekend and have just copied the wiring from that shown in the wiring diagram for a Ecotec - including diagnostic plugs as well. I've also put the key sensor round the ignition barrell to sense the correct key being used to start it. Alternatively you could glue the ecotec key inside the key sensor and hide it in the dash loom somewhere.

If you need more assistance P.M. me and I can send picture of diagram.

P.S. where you from?

Stuart
15-07-07, 11:30 PM
stop text typing/typing like a cretin or you will find site access a tad limited (its in the rules so deal with it)

If you didnt get the ign barrel transducer then you will need to get the ?200 ecu reprogramming fix.... unless you can go backto the donor car and get the transducer and key.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with the ecotec, its just got a pants name.... If it was called the "uber power" then everyone would love it im sure.

Adam
16-07-07, 12:47 AM
I assumed you dont have the pickup and/or transponder.
If you do have it then wire it up, although you wont find a wiring diagram or anything in haynes etc.

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 11:51 AM
i havent got the pickup or transponder, just the engine loom. i wasnt planin on puttin the eco tec, i wonted a let, but i carnt afford at the mo. i took the ecow**k engine out ov a 1994 calibra a few moths ago and the decided to put that in me nov insted thinkin it was as easy as a redtop.

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 11:52 AM
can u send me the diagrams plz ta

im in staffordshire

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 11:56 AM
Well my answer bucks the negative replies you've had so far.

You don't need to get the ECU reprogrammed. What you need is to wire in the key sensor, 2 wires to ECU (I think), a permanent supply, a switched supply, ground and a speed signal from a transducer. I have just wired mine in this weekend and have just copied the wiring from that shown in the wiring diagram for a Ecotec - including diagnostic plugs as well. I've also put the key sensor round the ignition barrell to sense the correct key being used to start it. Alternatively you could glue the ecotec key inside the key sensor and hide it in the dash loom somewhere.

If you need more assistance P.M. me and I can send picture of diagram.

P.S. where you from?

can u send the diagrams plz cuz im pickkled:confused:
im from staffordshire:thumb: Longford

Stuart
16-07-07, 01:11 PM
erm what part of DONT TEXT TYPE dont you understand? final warning.

Adam
16-07-07, 01:34 PM
The only diagrams there are, are home made.
For obvious reasons Haynes manuals etc dont even mention the immobiliser wiring.

You will need to get the pickup and key from the donor car, or the ecu/key/pickup from another car. They are all coded together.

Stuart
16-07-07, 01:43 PM
or any transducer and key then wire up the diagnostics plug to alow someone with tech2 to repair the transducer/key to the ecu..... im fairly sure a vauxhall garage wont do that, so you need to find an independant that understands what you are trying to achieve..

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 02:46 PM
im pickkled im not that technical with the newer engines

Adam
16-07-07, 03:33 PM
You either need to fit the ecu,key,pickup from another car.
Or get the pickup and key from the original car you removed the engine from/

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 03:36 PM
i dont have the doner still, is the transponder(key/pickup) the black box round the inition barrel on the calibra.

Adam
16-07-07, 03:53 PM
The pickup is yeah.

The transponder chip is fitted inside the ignition key.

You will need to buy a complete ecu,transponder and pickup from another car then.

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 04:06 PM
so if go to the scrapyard and get 1994 key/pickup and ecu im half way there?

because i only have the ecu, with the engine and loom i took out, ov my calibra. it means that i don't mead the origanl ecu.

Adam
16-07-07, 04:17 PM
Ye

But the majority of scrapyard cars dont have the ignition key...

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 04:22 PM
how dose it wire up then once i have it all.

they leave the keys in at the one by me, wot wires do i need, do i need the oppasit black plug and green plug that coects by the feul pump relay?

if u can undersand wot i mean.

its my Sh***y explainin again lol
i sould ov kept everythink off the calibra i.e all the wires:wall:

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 04:42 PM
long live, how do i wire it all in once i have every think.

Adam
16-07-07, 04:53 PM
The plugs by the pump relay aren't for the immobiliser.

Pm replied.

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 05:17 PM
cheerse mate much apreashiated

Clean 2.0 nova
16-07-07, 09:55 PM
[quote=Long Live The Nova]The only diagrams there are, are home made.
For obvious reasons Haynes manuals etc dont even mention the immobiliser wiring.quote]

There in my haynes manual for a late calibra if you look hard enough (current track 756). Can't speak for other vehicles.

Instead of putting up a diagram I will talk you through the key detector wires.

There are 7 wires to terminals 2,4,5,6,7,8 & 9. I am not going to pretent I know what they all do, I just know where they connect:

[Terminal no] [Colour] [Function] [joined to]
2 - Brown/blue - Engine warning light - Green ECU plug, pin4
4 - Brown - Ground - Ground
5 - Black - Ignition on (unfused)- Barrell switch, pin 15
6 - Blue/red - Distance sensor in - G/box transducer / ABS
7 - Blue red - Engine comms. - Black ECU plug, pin 2
8 - Brown/white - Diagnostics - Ground*

*If not wiring in diagnostic plug then put this wire to ground. This simulates the diagnostic plug being in the 'home' position.

Clean 2.0 nova
16-07-07, 10:08 PM
Oh sod it, heres part of the wiring diagram I drew as well if you can follow it.
Sorry for quality but is a photo of a small part of a A0 wiring diagram for my nova.http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x198/iaingra/IM001943.jpg
Ignore the 'K117 immob' at the LHS of the ECU, that should of been rubbed out. The correct key detector is to the RHS of the ECU

gammienov16v
16-07-07, 11:17 PM
top man i realy apresheate the help ta.

i will p.m u if i have any problems?

photo quality is ok mate.

Adam
17-07-07, 12:47 AM
[quote=Long Live The Nova]The only diagrams there are, are home made.
For obvious reasons Haynes manuals etc dont even mention the immobiliser wiring.quote]

There in my haynes manual for a late calibra if you look hard enough (current track 756). Can't speak for other vehicles.

Instead of putting up a diagram I will talk you through the key detector wires.

There are 7 wires to terminals 2,4,5,6,7,8 & 9. I am not going to pretent I know what they all do, I just know where they connect:

[Terminal no] [Colour] [Function] [joined to]
2 - Brown/blue - Engine warning light - Green ECU plug, pin4
4 - Brown - Ground - Ground
5 - Black - Ignition on (unfused)- Barrell switch, pin 15
6 - Blue/red - Distance sensor in - G/box transducer / ABS
7 - Blue red - Engine comms. - Black ECU plug, pin 2
8 - Brown/white - Diagnostics - Ground*

*If not wiring in diagnostic plug then put this wire to ground. This simulates the diagnostic plug being in the 'home' position. Hmm, strange they aint in any haynes i have(Corsa, mk3 astra,tigra etc)

The box also has a brown/yellow and red.
I just taped the brown/white out the way on mine, and use the brown/yellow to earth, to flash fault codes out.

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 12:54 AM
i didnt think haynes showed the imob, because it would be 2 easy for theivs then lol

im goin to get the key ecu and pickup today, i wll let you no how im gettin on

Clean 2.0 nova
17-07-07, 11:28 PM
[quote=Clean 2.0 nova] Hmm, strange they aint in any haynes i have(Corsa, mk3 astra,tigra etc)

The box also has a brown/yellow and red.
I just taped the brown/white out the way on mine, and use the brown/yellow to earth, to flash fault codes out.

Sorry, didn't add that terminal 9 (red) is permanent 12V (unfused). The key detctor I took out of the vehicle didn't have the brown / yellow you mention. I also assume you don't really need the distance sensor input, as the engine under normal circumstances should run when stationary.

gammienov16v
17-07-07, 11:36 PM
i sould have all the, wires and key, pickup ect 2moz, then i will have fun playinlol

Adam
18-07-07, 12:19 AM
[quote=Long Live The Nova]

Sorry, didn't add that terminal 9 (red) is permanent 12V (unfused). The key detctor I took out of the vehicle didn't have the brown / yellow you mention. I also assume you don't really need the distance sensor input, as the engine under normal circumstances should run when stationary.
Mine has a brown/yellow, must be different types.

And the distance sensor input is very needed, else your engine cuts out when slowing down at junctions. :thumb: