PDA

View Full Version : 2 Loose wires......

Anonymous
03-04-02, 06:58 PM
Can any1 please help me cos the haynes manual (new version) is w*nk when it comes to tracing wires! From the bulkhead there is a small loom (& many others!). The loom im referring to has the Water temp wire (blue), oil pressure wire (blue/yellow) and a few others. On my gte (Seimens ECU) i have a black/yellow and a blue/green wire which are stripped as if they have had a connector of some kind on them. I cannot find a home for any of these wires and it's really buggin me. My oil pressure gauge works but my oil light doesnt. I think thats the blue/green wire? But where does it go???? Everything else seems to work fine tho!!!???

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!

Anonymous
03-04-02, 08:29 PM
My SR has a black/yellow wire and it goes to the light switch, but it starts life at the auto choke???

Blue/green is oil if i remember right, it should be connected to the oil sensor at the back off the oil pump, there is two connections, oil light and oil pressure, connect to the one with out a wire.

Anonymous
03-04-02, 08:33 PM
If im looking at the right part on the engine (oil pump etc) there is two wires alredy coming from it. cant tell the colours cos they are wrapped in that crappy black tape! This blue/green is only a couple of inches long and it wont reach that area anyway. It is right behind my inlet manifold.

If loving my pint is wrong, i dont wanna be right!