PDA

View Full Version : Harnesses !

Nick
13-07-07, 08:32 PM
I've got a set of TRS harnesses to use for trackdays.

I'm running a standard GSi interior.

I've got the Eyelet set to simply allow me to unclip the harnesses easily.

The rear/Behind the seat mounting point is straight forwards, i can just use the rear belt bolt and replace this with an eyelet.

The clip side of the front seats is also just about ok, as i should beable to get an eyelet in there.

However, the Outsides of the front seats... the belts loop over the chrome slider ? Does this have a usable bolt underneath the caps ?

Thanks..

Mike
13-07-07, 08:33 PM
remove the chromed steel loop thing, and there is a bolt hole where it mounts to the chassis/syll :thumb:

Nick
13-07-07, 08:43 PM
cheers ! i'm presuming if i remove the plastic cap cover, i can keep the chromed loop thing and just replace the bolt with my eyelet ?

I'm wanting to keep all the normal belts in untill it gets serious !

And.. have you found the inside side of the seats quite tight ? i think that if i put an eyelet in there; i'm gonna be very limited as to where the seats are position for it catching on the exhaust tunnel

Lee
13-07-07, 08:43 PM
remove the chromed steel loop thing, and there is a bolt hole where it mounts to the chassis/syll :thumb:

Thats easier said than done though, especially as he'll have to keep removing it and putting it back in going from harnesses to seatbelts and back again.

best thing to do is to get a plate kit from demon tweeks and drill a hole in the floor to mount a seperate loop.

Lee
13-07-07, 08:44 PM
cheers ! i'm presuming if i remove the plastic cap cover, i can keep the chromed loop thing and just replace the bolt with my eyelet ?

No, you cant

Nick
13-07-07, 09:00 PM
hmmm

Nick
13-07-07, 09:03 PM
hmm... i'm guessing it's unsafe to clip the harness onto the chrome loop thing ?

i don't want to drill holes anywhere !

Lee
13-07-07, 09:05 PM
Not recommended tbh.

Nothing wrong with drilling a hole, so long as you treat it properly before you bolt up the eyelet. Safest way, and thats the important thing.

Nick
13-07-07, 09:06 PM
argh ****. Why isn't anything simple !

Might just remove the chrome loop thingy and have a look. I'l probably do as you say eventually, but i'm planing a bare shell rebuild.. so that's a more appropriate time.

Mike
13-07-07, 09:08 PM
hmm... i'm guessing it's unsafe to clip the harness onto the chrome loop thing ?

i don't want to drill holes anywhere !

If its safe enough for the OE belt, i dont see a problem. However, i wouldnt do it either way lol

Nick
13-07-07, 09:09 PM
Well the OE belt is looped round the Chrome raile.

My harnesses have the Carabena type clip thingy, so probably not the safest idea !

Lee
13-07-07, 09:10 PM
If its safe enough for the OE belt, i dont see a problem. However, i wouldnt do it either way lol

The problem is the harness clip will slide about on the rail, plus 3 point seat belts have different forces working on them than 4 point harnesses.

Mike
13-07-07, 09:11 PM
The problem is the harness clip will slide about on the rail, plus 3 point seat belts have different forces working on them than 4 point harnesses.

valid point lol like i said tho, i wouldnt do it anyway, mine are all bolted down uber tight lol

Nick
13-07-07, 09:18 PM
so i'm presuming your using the Chromed Loop thingy bolt ?

Mike
13-07-07, 11:46 PM
so i'm presuming your using the Chromed Loop thingy bolt ?

the bolt hole yes

Nick
14-07-07, 12:03 AM
don't happen to have pictures of both your lap belt mounting points ? just out of interest !

Mike
14-07-07, 12:20 AM
from sitting in the drivers seat:

Remove seatbelt locking mechanism (on your left) this exposes a metal bracket, bolt one side of the harness in there.
Remove the lower steel loop (on your right, attached to sylll) completly out of car, this exposes another mounting point, bolt the other side in there.

Viola.

Nick
14-07-07, 05:18 PM
I don't quite know what everyone is on about !

I just put the harnesses in without having to remove anything from the car.

On the chrome loop thingy, i just removed the cap. replaced the bolt with an eyelet bolt and clipped the lapbelt onto that ! Only thing i had to do was remove the seat from the rails, and re-install it !

Job done !