PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Lifters

rm7745
13-07-07, 04:46 PM
:( Hey guys, does anyone ever experience problems with Hydraulic Lifters, such as missfiring??
I have also run a compression test on all 4 cylinders, and cylinder 1 only has 50-100psi, compared to 200, and i can see anything else wrong. Ignition problems are ruled out, although it could be a valve problem due to a blown up engine!!!
Any ideas??
sorry about the vague explanation!

nova ian
13-07-07, 04:53 PM
Sounds like valve to me, either not seating properly or bent.

If a lifter had shot it I dont think you would loose compression, although im no expert.

My moneys on a valve to be honest

ian

Adam
13-07-07, 06:44 PM
Lifter can jam up, and hold a valve slightly open which would give low/no compression/

What do you mean blown up engine? What happened?

rm7745
13-07-07, 10:22 PM
I race in SEGTO grass track, and i was running a mk1 astra 1300S in a nova, and i STUPIDLY let my sister race it and when she went wide and hit bumps, it jumped out of gear!! I said to her "shen the big red shift light comes on, u shouldnt be reving any higher", but the tell tale showed 8500 revs!!!!!!!!! On standard bottom end!!

so now there are two fist-sized-holes in the block!! haha
My concern is that there is a SMALL mark on the no1 piston from the inlet valve, possibly suggesting a bent valve, but i was having the same problem on another head!

ps the heads were being tested on another bottom end! haha