PDA

View Full Version : Please please can anyone help, my nova wont start!!!!

Spudly
13-07-07, 03:51 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to why my car has decided that it wont play ball and start, K plate 1.2SPi, its got fuel i can hear the pump priming when i turn the ignition on, but it just wont start, ive checked all the leads and rotor arm and such like, it tries to catch then just splutters a if there is no fuel or spark but both seem fine please help anyone as its annoying the hell out of me as i need to go out, and im probably going to start kicking it soon!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Adam
13-07-07, 04:14 PM
Check the rotor arm hasn't snapped off, and that the dizzy drive pin hasn't broke.
Also, check the plug on the dizzy as thats the only way the ecu knows the engine is turning over.

Spudly
13-07-07, 04:40 PM
Rotor arm is still attached although its contact was completely black and looked kinda warped at one side, the insides of the dizzy cap were looking a bit rough too as the contacts in there also seemed a bit black and or corroded, ive cleaned all these up now just cant try it as ive flattened my battery now, whats the dizzy drive pin, is that the pin that the rotor arm sits on or is it where the dizzy conects to the camshaft?

Adam
13-07-07, 06:42 PM
Its the pin that drives the dizzy, sits in the end of the camshaft.
If that breaks off the ecu wont know the engines rotating so you get no fuel/spark.

coochiSR
13-07-07, 06:51 PM
Does the Rotor Arm spin on the shaft easily, mine used to do that :D, You definatily got spark thou?

Spudly
13-07-07, 08:23 PM
After much stupidity and shouting and swearing, my mate fixed it as he is a genius lol, all it boiled down to even though we had the plugs out and tested the spark, was the timing was ever so slightly out which made it run on two rather than one lol, so a new set of leads and plugs and she is purring like a kitten again, never heard of all of them failing before has anyone else??