View Full Version : megaskirt mv3 kit

benny f gsi,n it
13-07-07, 03:42 PM
are they any good i have a chance to buy 1 at a reasonable price, i want to run it on my 1.6 gsi engine with cam, inlet and throttle body and ported and cylinder head work?
easy to fit or not?
Benny

Adam
13-07-07, 04:18 PM
Its mega squirt, not skirt.
Piece of piss fit, just make a custom loom up, and fit the loom with plugs for injectors etc, then just the usual live/ign live for the ecu etc.

The hard bits the setup/mapping.

burgo
13-07-07, 07:48 PM
piece of piss and worth the money imo, even just to learn mapping. the best ?300 ive spent, just need to find a car to run it on lol(one of mine that is, got it on a mates already)

draper
13-07-07, 07:56 PM
do you just use all the original sensors then ??

benny f gsi,n it
13-07-07, 08:07 PM
yer i can get the mappable ecu and wiring loom for ?300 is it worth that with pc link and cd-rom?
Benny

Adam
13-07-07, 08:28 PM
yer i can get the mappable ecu and wiring loom for ?300 is it worth that with pc link and cd-rom?
Benny
Thats pretty much the going rate they are from any supplier.
Draper-Yeah, all GM sensors.

Philsutton
13-07-07, 08:40 PM
My mates has it, was going to fit it to a z20let corsa but he now wants rid of it. I really want to fit to mine as i need some different management, but its too close to TOTB for me to try fit and map different management and get it running properly with no problems. We also have all the relevant software / hardware to do it all, but i'll just put more nitrous in instead lol.

draper
13-07-07, 08:45 PM
Draper-Yeah, all GM sensors.

best not sell my loom then lol

burgo
13-07-07, 09:13 PM
deffo get the cd and pc cable as that has all the software on it and when i get an engine worth havin the megasquirt ill let you know how i get on

Adam
13-07-07, 10:02 PM
The whole CD stuff is completely downloadable for free.

My mates has it, was going to fit it to a z20let corsa but he now wants rid of it. I really want to fit to mine as i need some different management, but its too close to TOTB for me to try fit and map different management and get it running properly with no problems. We also have all the relevant software / hardware to do it all, but i'll just put more nitrous in instead lol.
Were you planning on diy building? Or pre-built.
Im not sure whether i would trust it to run a 300/400hp turbo motor,Lol.

burgo
13-07-07, 11:22 PM
The whole CD stuff is completely downloadable for free.

Were you planning on diy building? Or pre-built.
Im not sure whether i would trust it to run a 300/400hp turbo motor,Lol.yes but the cd is also free so may aswell get what you need in one place. oh and for as trusting it on a 300/400bhp engine ive seen one running a 1200bhp engine ;) and check turbobrick.com for some serious power volvos running megasquirt

Adam
14-07-07, 12:26 AM
yes but the cd is also free so may aswell get what you need in one place. oh and for as trusting it on a 300/400bhp engine ive seen one running a 1200bhp engine ;) and check turbobrick.com for some serious power volvos running megasquirt
Lol, indeed, im not saying it cant be done as it clearly can, but if diy building/getting a mate build it, one bad solder join could cost you your engine....

burgo
14-07-07, 12:40 AM
Lol, indeed, im not saying it cant be done as it clearly can, but if diy building/getting a mate build it, one bad solder join could cost you your engine....hence why i bought mine already made and with a guarentee. it cost me ?305 to the door and that wa with a base map, launch control and a rev counter output. it also came with the loom nd the cd rom plus the cable to hook it up to a puter. i really cant complain at that price, even if it just a tool for learning it damn cheap

Adam
14-07-07, 12:44 AM
For a budget build, i would definently consider one as an option.

benny f gsi,n it
14-07-07, 12:58 AM
what is the best megaquirt system to be used on a 1.6 8v engine running standard injection

Adam
14-07-07, 01:03 AM
Version 3 pcb.
Both version 1 and 2 sytems work with a distributor/hall sensor trigger.

Or you could convert it to DISpak(wasted spark), for that you'll need version 1+extra, or 2.

burgo
14-07-07, 10:34 AM
your best bet is to go here. http://www.extraefi.co.uk/ then contact him with what you need and he will help you out. thats what i did anyway

benny f gsi,n it
14-07-07, 03:50 PM
ok just emailed them wait for a reply back and see whats what.