PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy Llandow whilst you can!

Dar
12-07-07, 08:01 PM
Because its days are numbered.
Read about it here (http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/2000localinfo/glamorgangazette/news/tm_headline=new-village-to-be-built-on-world-war-ii-airfield%26method=full%26objectid=19365210%26sitei d=50082-name_page.html)

Its a shame because although its not my fave circuit, it is damn useful for testing.

Lee
12-07-07, 08:06 PM
Thats uber ghey. The welsh have a massive amount of useless land to build on.

Typical.

Stuart
12-07-07, 08:11 PM
fcukers!!!!!

also how crammed in will those homes be 2700 homes and schools etc in the small area.... twunts.

Jim
12-07-07, 10:26 PM
You can thank Gordon Brown for that one. He's just announced he wants to see 2million new homes by 2020.

krobinson
12-07-07, 10:36 PM
If it brings down the price of houses i'm all for it. Its got crazy here! The average price of a house in Belfast is more now than London!!! FOOOK!!

Stuart
12-07-07, 10:37 PM
build em up north.... keep the immigrants and poor people away from the glorious south :D

I t wont bring prices down though.... people with extra cash will BTL the cheap houses so that leve gets removed again causing the same issues over and over again.... essentially there needs to be legislation in place to stop BTL folks from buying starter/low ladder houses

Ash
13-07-07, 01:01 AM
meh. carry on doing track days round the village in protest.

Ian
13-07-07, 06:41 AM
build em up north.... keep the immigrants and poor people away from the glorious south :D

Glorious? lol
the south is full of them anyway, may as well stay there breathing in your smog

draper
13-07-07, 07:34 AM
meh. carry on doing track days round the village in protest.

lol

its a shame really, maybe theyve realised they cant build houses on flood plains anymore

Will F
13-07-07, 08:33 AM
FFS, like Dar says, not the best track in the World, but its usually cheap and very convenient for me!

:mad:

craig green
13-07-07, 09:21 AM
Considering I've never been, thats still not good. Not too far from me & being closed. Bummer!

bump
13-07-07, 09:41 AM
I'm all up for house building, but suggestions like this aren't the answer. Integrating in within existing cities, using derelict land is the real answer.
There is masses of space in Bristol that could be redeveloped into socially affordable housing, local businesses are crying out for it, but property "developers" want to hang on for maximum profit.
I say bring back Compulsory Purchase Orders and state building. Under the CPO system things that were needed got built rather than the most profitable

/rant off

Jack
13-07-07, 11:03 AM
Infilling is good when they re-use derelict land to suit its environment, yes, but thats not always the case - Yeovil town for example has destroyed itself with infilling. Its the only town I know of locally where the town centre is a residential zone rather than a retail zone. Commercial/entertainment buildings ar ebeing knocked down or rehashed left right and centre as "cheap" flats. Outside of the town centre, anything thats been disused for even as little as a few months (and in some cases, stuff that is still being used) is getting flattened and houses crammed in on top - one petrol station made way for 20 flats, another small pub turned into 10 flats plus parking, and a 2/3 acre allotment site became 200 houses! How the feck they manage to fit these things in I'll never know...

Ernie
13-07-07, 11:10 AM
Alot of this is happening in swindon aswel.You will see a garage get taken over by new owners and with a few months to a year it has been nocked down and flats put back up.

bump
13-07-07, 01:26 PM
Bristol doesn't really have a centre as such, most of it is Post War infilling.
Building whole villages with no real support infrastructure is not really a smart move either. The net result is a commuting community, any financial gains that are made on affordable housing are then often wiped out by commuting costs.

Ash
13-07-07, 02:18 PM
I think theres a few answers to this, but why do we need two million new homes?

Obvious one could be immigration, but also there's been a steep rise in single parents recently. Also I know down in the south west, lots of Londoner are buying 'holiday' homes, which makes the council think they need more houses.

I was amazing to find when living in Reading that there where 2,000 home left empty. Purely because no-one could afford them, yet their building more and more flats and appartments on the flood plains :wall:

bump
13-07-07, 04:29 PM
I think theres a few answers to this, but why do we need two million new homes?
I was amazing to find when living in Reading that there where 2,000 home left empty. Purely because no-one could afford them, yet their building more and more flats and appartments on the flood plains :wall:

Affordable housing is what is required, unlikely thought with the present state of things, cue more empty houses that no one can afford. Don't get me started on the f***ing c**ts with holiday homes down in Devon and Cornwall.

LUV2XLR8
13-07-07, 04:52 PM
dontworry, i have a plan. theres an air field in swansea, we'v done rallies there so i dont see why i couldnt be made in to a race track, plenty of old air bases around. theres a good one down haferford west.
think we need to organise a new place.

stuartp
13-07-07, 06:32 PM
blah blah stop moaning about it and as dar sad take as much use of it as possible!! you've got over two years!!

Phil_G
14-07-07, 06:46 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Phil_G/sophisticated.gif

:)