PDA

View Full Version : Your Bird's opinions of your nova?

bieransri
12-07-07, 12:09 PM
what does your bird think of your nova?

like my ex absolutely hated it and felt it was unsafelol so i gave it the beans evertime time she was in it:D

big gra
12-07-07, 12:11 PM
an unreliable pile of ****e!!! although she admits its fast!!

Riggy
12-07-07, 12:15 PM
my misses hates nova's with a passion lol , she does like XR2's though lol

Jack
12-07-07, 12:20 PM
Hates the nova, loves the GT4 lol

pul16v
12-07-07, 12:37 PM
mine doesnt have a clue just says it noisey lol

hendrix
12-07-07, 12:42 PM
is annoyed at the stock pile of nova's/nova related things that are cluttering our house/drive. But considering she had a 1400SR as her first car she tollerates my Nova's

Iain
12-07-07, 12:49 PM
I think she quite likes it! In fact it has helped her get in to liking cars and modifying. :D

nova ian
12-07-07, 12:56 PM
She doesn't mind it, has her little outbursts about it every now and then and get the "you love the car more than me!" but she loves it really!lol

She also had a couple of novas. And a bright pink corsa! so she cant say anything about the nova lol

Ian

gazz
12-07-07, 01:00 PM
She doesn't mind it, has her little outbursts about it every now and then and get the "you love the car more than me!":roll:
is annoyed at the stock pile of nova related things that are cluttering our house shed..
just gives her the sweet talk.:thumb:

Ernie
12-07-07, 01:12 PM
At first she would see any car as just a car. But since seeing the track car get built up and then getting to go out in it on track after she helped with the build she love's it and you would have to fight her of with a very ****ty stick to get her out the passenger seat.

hybridturbo
12-07-07, 01:21 PM
Charva car innit lol lol lol

Novadex
12-07-07, 02:46 PM
my x diddnt like it, but it diddnt like my X!

ianglanister
12-07-07, 03:20 PM
mine likes it, but has the same you love your car more than me cuz i put money into it and spend time polishing it and valeting it etc lol

Jim Mcrae
12-07-07, 03:22 PM
the ladies liked the old one as the number plate was H***COD it got called the 'cod mobile', think they thought it was cute in a strange way. My current nova looks like a right shed so noone thinks much of it

dhdev (Oli)
12-07-07, 03:29 PM
My current bird reckons that the nova is actually my GF and she's my mistress lol She has helped out a few times, even had her changing the head the other week. Although I did shout at her last night for scrubbing my Polycarb windows too hard lol

paddy138
12-07-07, 03:48 PM
yeah i spend more time workin on my nova than bein with d woman some weeks. it doesnt matter anyway. shes happy once she has sumtin to be giivin out about. so d nova keeps her happy .......ha

Welsh Dan
12-07-07, 04:16 PM
She sees my constant tinkering with it as a waste of time. She'll have to live with it though :D.

tom_beverley
12-07-07, 04:23 PM
Ahh, I've got mine well trained, she loves Novas although I still receive a winge every now and then for spending too much time on it.

She's got her heart set on a nice tidy 40,000 mile 1200 when the bloke lets her buy it :) I'm thinking reshell, reshell lol lol

Dar
12-07-07, 04:35 PM
This is what my troop said when I asked what to do you think of daddys car.

Why!? <Repeats question> Very good, very fast. Is that what I'm supposed to say?

Its red. No its brown. You stink! Umm peanuts and cheese.

Daddy!

As you can see I only have the wife trained at the moment:(
lol

tom_beverley
12-07-07, 04:40 PM
lol lol Sounds like you've got your work cut out there

craig green
12-07-07, 04:54 PM
My Mrs thinks I spend too much time in the garage with it & cant see the attraction, but she happily walks around car shows with me & does occasionally point at some cars & declare a liking for them. Her fave car in the world in the Holden Monaro Ute, so she does have some taste.

One thing she cant get her head around is why people have black or grey bumpers. She thinks thats the sign of a crap, old car.

Mike
12-07-07, 05:02 PM
My ex loved the fact mine was pretty much home built, and also enjoyed the fact it was a Nova (her mates had them when GSi's were pretty much new) and she hated the fact ive spent thousands on what is essentially, a very old car.

staggy_gsi
12-07-07, 06:41 PM
my lass didnt like novas at all when i started going out with her. but she admits theyve grown on her alot and she loves mine! im the one who got her into modifying altogether really, so ive only got myself to blame! every bleedin' week she wants something doing to her corsa, no wonder my nova is taking so long to complete!! i dont mind really though, keeps me in the good books and it aint a bad car really!

philly
12-07-07, 06:47 PM
it depends on the mood she is in. lol. i think she just puts up with it and me for peace sake

chris gsi
12-07-07, 08:03 PM
chris wasnt sure what to write so I thought i best to write it myself!!

So im the "wife", and i think the nova is really cool, if there is anything wrong with it i like to know and maybe TRY and help him fix it, well until he shouts at me cause it doesnt always allow itself to be fix at the first EASY attempt!
I think its a bit like Herbie!
Chris did however WELD the seat in so far back, that because i am a short ass i cant actually reach the peddals and drive the bloody thing(i sectrectly think thats because im such a good driver and he doesnt want me to be better than him!!!)

Bye all!!!!

Lee
12-07-07, 08:10 PM
Chris did however WELD the seat in so far back, that because i am a short ass i cant actually reach the peddals and drive the bloody thing(i sectrectly think thats because im such a good driver and he doesnt want me to be better than him!!!)

Bye all!!!!

That is probably true lol

My mrs is scared ****less of my car. She's actually not seen the green one in the flesh as i built it in Bristol, and she very rarely comes to combe, which was its first airing.

The blue one scared her silly though, especially on the way to Llandow where myself and Dave Marshall acted like tools and raced accross the severn bridge at 147mph lol

tony k
12-07-07, 10:51 PM
i had a big row with mine over it said i spent too much time down the garage but the good side is i didnt have to listen to her moaning down my ear all the time when i was down there ha ha any way dont go out with her now bloody moany b*****d so i can have some fun now wehaay

ade
12-07-07, 10:53 PM
my wife HATES my nova project with such a passion I wouldnt be surprised if I came home one day and found it all in the street in bin bags along with my clothes!

Problem is its an "ongoing" project so is taking for ever - I'm in no rush, but she keeps saying "what if we need the money suddenly - like if I have a baby" - er - yeah right - like I'm gonna make mega bucks flogging a nova!

lol

"Ah but all the parts must be worth a bit considering how much youve spent on it" - erm no - due to my unnatural love of EBAY!

"You'll never finish it - you spend more time in that garage on that car that with me (sudden white noise in my ears) - blah blah blah"

Anyway - its not a Nova anymore - its been renamed the "Puntova" due to it having Punto headlights and half a Punto bonnet!

And it was remaned by her mates who are desperate for me to finish it so they can have a go in it!

lol

draper
12-07-07, 10:56 PM
my missus was never into cars untill she met me, ive had 6novas since being with her lol she likes them now but says theres enough parts in our place to build another one

dave.gsi
12-07-07, 10:57 PM
everytime i suggest buying another nova she just gives me 'the look':wtf:

i think shes a 'reg snob' rather then particulaly hates novas.
doesnt matter what car i tell her im looking at shes like....'no, i dont think so, its a k reg' etc etc

if they made a nova on a 02 plate i think she wouldnt mind lol

Jack
13-07-07, 08:45 AM
i think shes a 'reg snob' rather then particulaly hates novas.
doesnt matter what car i tell her im looking at shes like....'no, i dont think so, its a k reg' etc etc

My parents are exactly the same - they can't get their head round why I'd rather buy an N reg GT4 than a 05 plate 1.0 corsa. According to them the age of a car is the only deciding factor in how good it is, and how much its worth! Hmm! lol

tom_beverley
13-07-07, 02:11 PM
Chris did however WELD the seat in so far back, that because i am a short ass i cant actually reach the peddals and drive the bloody thing

lol Thats exactly what my g/f says about mine, bloody true aswell! lol

ste porter
13-07-07, 07:38 PM
6 months my ex spent 7 days a week from when she finished work untill 12 at night sometimes later sitting in our work shop quietly reading a book while we built the turbo not a word from her bless her then when i smashed it when it was almost done she dumped me !

and yeah shes as mad on novas as me

strcnova
13-07-07, 10:19 PM
All i can say is thank god my lass like's the nova and rallying!!:):)
She has even come to the unit to help prep or fix the car when she can and has been to almost every rally i have done since we have been together.
She does say i spend to much time and money on it and does say i like the rally car more than her;);), but she is still with me. so much so that she is paying for half my engine build!! what a lass:):).
Only complaint is she want's a scooby:confused::confused:

ben doodar
14-07-07, 07:13 PM
my mrs loves the nova, she wants a mk 1 sr now. ive told her to get something a bit newer so im not fixing 2 of the buggers. shes also spent many nights reading total vauxhall whilst i work on the nova.
and when people compliment it she loves it. all my non car loving mates think its a bit strange how she knows so much though. o yh i often get the "u love that car more than me" buisness.

K55KER
14-07-07, 08:36 PM
LMAO funny as,my girlfriend now my wife ,used to say my nova had no suspension because it was that hard,Koni s + jamex -60 on it,it was hard but on the track it was well stable LOL pity it was only a 1.4 and not a 2 ltre back then,spent too much on ice,,,,

Dan
14-07-07, 08:51 PM
the wife is fully behind me whatever i do to my nova as she has always been into cars and messing with them as long as i have known her. The orange one i built back in the day she loved driving around and the engine that has progressed over the last ten years has been done as she made sure i built it to the spec i once said at the start.

After i had fitted the diff and paddle clutch etc she stayed away from driving it for a long while, but when forced to drive it for an mot (400yrds away) i returned home to find i had gained about 30 odd miles on the clock and her grinning like a chesire cat after giving it a proper raping and thoroughly enjoying being back in the nova driving seat :) (before the kids she was as much of a header behind the wheel as i can be lol)

nova---chris
14-07-07, 09:43 PM
she thinks its a peice of 'sh it'

But a fast peice of sh it! :thumb:

Ste L
14-07-07, 09:53 PM

they do, its called a corsa lol

Dave.
15-07-07, 12:07 AM
aint got one

sorted :thumb:

kevster
15-07-07, 09:16 AM
louise (the better harf) hates my novas !!!!!!! love my audi to bits

MyNovaSr
15-07-07, 11:24 AM
loves it when driven sensible lol

Ricky G
15-07-07, 11:30 PM
well the reason im back on this website is because my missus wants me to get another nova. im currently driving a fiesta turbo which she hate's so much she wont get in it. so trying to track my old nova down to see how its getting on bein as the other 3 i owned ended up in scrap yards after being sold to muppets.

Teggy
16-07-07, 07:38 AM
my mussis used to love my nova she wanted it once she passed her test.......now sold nova and ended it with her lol

draper
16-07-07, 08:24 AM
well the reason im back on this website is because my missus wants me to get another nova. im currently driving a fiesta turbo which she hate's so much she wont get in it. so trying to track my old nova down to see how its getting on bein as the other 3 i owned ended up in scrap yards after being sold to muppets.

id stick with the fiesta lol