PDA

View Full Version : Rear window washer

Anonymous
29-03-02, 08:17 PM
I went to the scrappy today and got myself a new rear window washer pump. Once I'd connected it to the the reservoir, i used the switch and it worked but then I hit a prob there was water pouring down the rear left hand side of the boot has anyone any idea what my be up, to cause this I haven't checked the pipe to see if its still connected to the washer but i dont think it's that as it is only runing down one side and as i think it may mean taking the spoiler off if someone can tell me there ideas of what to check????? CHEERS :-/

Anonymous
29-03-02, 08:32 PM
If it's coming from the top of the boot down the side it probably will be the hose thats come off from the squirter but (so technical!). I had a similar problem - the pressure from the new puump forced the hose off. Check the hose attachments are firmly in place if you can. As for it running down one side, could depend on how your car is sitting (if on a slight slant it will run that way) and whether the water has hit any obstruction inside the boot forcing it off in that direction (welding seams etc).

oh now, that is interesting!

Anonymous
29-03-02, 08:33 PM
oh also...
is any water coming out of the squirter on to the rear window? If so, could be a split hose...

oh now, that is interesting!

Anonymous
30-03-02, 12:44 AM
No none at all so i'll check that the hose is connected cheers m8