PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v

corsa-sri
10-07-07, 01:06 PM
hi i,d like to start by saying hello to every one im new here so HELLO to u all :) right then i own a m reg corsa sri its the 1.4 16v just wonderin if theres any little tricks to make it abit quicker buget is tight at the mo so lookin for things can find out of srap yards and stuff thanx

big gra
10-07-07, 02:54 PM
strip interiour out, anything that adds weight and is not needed get rid of, makes a considerable difference! check all plugs and leads are in good nic, and make sure oil is healthy and oil and air filters!

big gra
10-07-07, 02:59 PM
try and find a friend who has timing gun and get the timing spot on, made loads of difference to mine! cant remember what ignition those 16v have, is it a coilpack or dizzy?

corsa-sri
10-07-07, 03:19 PM
its a coilpack its got an indution kit on it and a powerflow back box at the mo my m8s 8v sri still quicker p*sss me right off :(

Stuart
10-07-07, 03:41 PM
gra, jeeeezuz :wall: lol

as its a 16V it will have non adjustable ign settings.
Mr corsa-sri, im affraid that the induction kit and backbox do sweet FA to make you faster, they jsut sound faster... the 8Vsri (assuming its a nova) is lighter therefore will be faster... it may even have a different final drive ratio to improve acceleration.

may I suggest corsa sport as a good source of corsa info too.

Adam
10-07-07, 04:12 PM
Fit a mantzel inlet box.

staggy_gsi
11-07-07, 03:18 PM
gra, jeeeezuz :wall: lol

as its a 16V it will have non adjustable ign settings.
Mr corsa-sri, im affraid that the induction kit and backbox do sweet FA to make you faster, they jsut sound faster... the 8Vsri (assuming its a nova) is lighter therefore will be faster... it may even have a different final drive ratio to improve acceleration.

he already said its a corsa, not a nova.

my mates 8v corsa sri was quicker than my 16v too, dunno why but they usually tend to be quicker. mantzel intakes are good but expensive, unless you can find a second hand one cheap....

Stuart
11-07-07, 03:30 PM
he only said a 8v sri... could be either... hence my validating comment :p

b,r,m
11-07-07, 03:42 PM
drop a 2ltr in pal

Adam
11-07-07, 06:28 PM
mantzel intakes are good but expensive, unless you can find a second hand one cheap....
Not really, the power gain compared to cost is VERY good.
You could spend ?300 on a "superchip" and get an extra horse power, or ?400 on a mantzel/remap and get 20hp.....

He said its a 16v corsa sri.

corsa-sri
11-07-07, 10:36 PM
now now childeren ha ha cheers anyway lads

staggy_gsi
12-07-07, 06:48 PM
Not really, the power gain compared to cost is VERY good.
You could spend ?300 on a "superchip" and get an extra horse power, or ?400 on a mantzel/remap and get 20hp.....

yeah true, but he said his budget is tight thats all i was thinking...