PDA

View Full Version : clutch info again

tony k
09-07-07, 07:52 PM
sorry people need a clutch kit for my c20let which hoping should have 350 brake when finally ready wheres a good place to get one also its for a f28 i spoke to someone and they said i just get the one for a 4wd is this true and i have a flat type flywheel which has had a light skim
cheers

R1CH
09-07-07, 08:02 PM
Any reason why your using a flat flywheel ??
I was origionaly using a flat flywheel but was having probs finding a decent clutch (without spending top dollar!) ended up fitting a billet pot type flywheel and a std GM clutch, had a fair few blasts up the 1/4 mile ect and had no probs with it.
A few folk round my way have run / are running std GM clutchs with just over 300bhp without any probs.
All clutchs for the LET & F28 will be listed as 4x4 as thats how they came from Vaux !! Your gonna need to mix & match bits, F28 friction plate & and Early XE cover assembly.

Rich

tony k
09-07-07, 08:27 PM
cheers fella the flywheel came with the engine so was just going to use that really plus just had it skimmed a bit so do you know a place i could get one

R1CH
09-07-07, 08:37 PM
Not sure on where to get one tbh, but seen this Q asked a few times before and folk usually mention Sachs or Helix.

tony k
09-07-07, 08:44 PM
so would they know the right release bearing to use sorry mate just got my engine back just want to get it in really

R1CH
09-07-07, 09:13 PM
Will just be a std F28 release bearing.