PDA

View Full Version : EBC PADS

Anonymous
25-03-02, 05:35 AM
Has anyone fitted ebc greenstuff pads to their car. If so, could you please tell me if i have been sent the wrong pads or not.

As you know standard nova (gsi) pads have two holes drilled in them, one at the top and one at the bottom. This is so the pin that goes through the caliper and then the pads hold them in place. However the pads i have got do not have any holes in. Do the pins fit behind the pads or have i just been sent the wrong ones. I have checked the part code and it says they shold be the right ones. Can anyone please help me!!

Anonymous
25-03-02, 07:49 AM
maybe you were sent a fualty pair?

where did u check the part numbers?
on the box does not mean that the right pads were inside

Micky@novaload.net
SNAKES-WITH-TITS Website http://network54.com/Realm/Snakes_with_tits

Anonymous
25-03-02, 10:37 AM
The Gsi brakes don't have pins going through them do they? i thought only the older GTE had those type. Don't the GSI pads just have little tab type thingys on the side to hold them in?

Anonymous
25-03-02, 10:43 AM
i think a few GSI's had the naff Delco calipers (rectangular pads)

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
25-03-02, 10:50 AM
yup this is true, some very early gsi's had the crap gte callipers with the pins. It sounds like you have been sent the gsi ATE calliper type!!

Anonymous
25-03-02, 02:55 PM
So does this mean that i need the ones for a nova gte???

Anonymous
28-03-02, 07:02 PM
Yes Novaturb....if you have standard GTE brakes, you need the rectangular pads with the holes in for the calliper pins.

As said above, the never Novas including the GSi use the much better ATE callipers with a totally different design of pad.
Don't bother though....get some Cav SRi or Astra GTE big brakes first....then think about performance pads, but do the big brakes first! I have recently and they make a massive difference and I'm still using standard pads!

Anonymous
28-03-02, 07:08 PM
i had a massive difference just fitting ate calipers from a 1.2i :) and the pads have lasted twice as long :)

Im a Corporate tart :D