PDA

View Full Version : Micky, i'm at that stage...

Anonymous
19-10-00, 10:18 PM
well micky, i was readin your post bout that nova dn whether or not its knackered. and i read about your nova and how you were gonna sell it e.t.c.

i feel that i am at that stage where i dont know what to do.

1. Spend money on me nova do it up get rid of the rust sort the engine and brakes out e.t.c

2.Get rid of it.

I keep havin these moments where i will be washin me car and it looks good and i think to myself. yea i'll keep it, i'll make it look better. then i think welll the money spent on doing it up could be better spent on a newer car. I am so unsure on what to do.

But the fact remains that if i get a car that looks half as good as yours, i will be happy. But how much money should i spend?

cheers

Davo

Anonymous
22-10-00, 08:05 AM
well it depends on how much u got? i have spent in total know on my car about ?2000 now that might seam a lot to u but i have had the car 3 years now so if u break iit down its fuck all also this includes replacing ball joints wish bones axles etc etc

in all honestly i have spent about ?500 of that on my exterior which is fuck all considering the state it was in when i got it. my cra wa rust as fuck when i got it and it has had plates welded on the front slam pannel and on the inner wings etc etc etc the doors could be opend upwards instead ov outwards and the front crossmeber snapped when i stuck big brakes on strangly enough the rear arches wernt to bad (wish one ov em was like that now i didnt seal on ov em up and it has chewd it self up its still gleaming white but its sort iv scabing?)

i would say findyourself a freindly welder and sort out any shit under the skin for about ?200? if needed then replace the balljoints track rod ends steering suspension etc then move onto brakes and i will garentee that your face will smaile when u drive it coz even though the car will look the same it will drive sooo much nicer

its no good having a car that looks nice if it drives like a bag ov nails

one good way to make the car drive loads nicer is to replace the front suspension rubbers a was supossed to pay about ?50 for all the front ones for mine but the bloke siad "u have all ready givin me the money havent you?"

ha ha ha

i rekon jus keep chipping awawy and spending a little a week till the under sides are spot on and then sort the outside out

you will also feel more relaxed when driving coz u know the car wont 1. fall apart and 2. breakdown coz every thing will be mint

then u can cruise past all the peeps who laugh etc etc but have broken down coz they spent all there money an a thermnukeler respray in mucas green!

Anonymous
22-10-00, 01:47 PM
well micky i think i ned to to discuss it with the parents, they want me to have a safe car, and they want me to get rid of the nova cos there scared of it bereakin down (even though it hasnt happened yet - oh there was one time where my engine cooling fan switch broke and the car bonnet was engulfed in smoke but thats about it.

I look at my car and you cant see any rust, but i know its there. Infortuabntely i dont know any good welders :-( In fact mate i dont know any welders :--(

I will let you know what happens.

cheers

davo

Anonymous
22-10-00, 01:56 PM
i know how u feel i look at mine and i see everylittle fault that i know about but nobody else does coz there not botherd as much as me

if your car isnt rust then how do know the rust is there? waxoil all the insides ov the doors and rear arches and ull be okay

Anonymous
22-10-00, 03:41 PM
the rust is there you can make it out uinder the paint onthe bottom of the doors. and the sills are really bad.

i have waxed all my arches, but i think in notts, there is super rust that can beat wax!

cheers

davo