PDA

View Full Version : help hanging rear beam

big gra
09-07-07, 01:57 PM
im in the middle of changing the rear beam on my nova, at the moment its ready to come off but i cant remove the brake lines, very corroded, tried taking them off at the axle and the wheel end and there just not going, whats the best to do? i was thinking about chopping the pipe, changing the axle and taking it to a garage and let them sort the brake lines out, would let them change the beam but cant afford it!

Ste L
09-07-07, 01:59 PM
just chop the pipe, then when re fitting, replace with braided one's :thumb:

well thats what i would do lol

big gra
09-07-07, 02:04 PM
ive tried to undo the rubber hoses aswel but they wont come undone either, think its gonna be a chop n take it to a garage jobby!

Stuart
09-07-07, 02:36 PM
get a brake union spanner, some Krost and some heat after... should undo then

Mike
09-07-07, 02:52 PM
get a brake union spanner, some Krost and some heat after... should undo then

:thumb:

If for some reason that doesnt do it, do as Ste said, chop the rubber hose, then replace with stainless items ;)

big gra
09-07-07, 04:36 PM
would replace ith braided hoses but im stuck for money atm,, well ive got it on, chopped the brake pipes on the old beam just before the flexi hose, cant loosen the adjuster for the handbrake so its binding really badly, will let the garage sort that out!

Iain
09-07-07, 05:01 PM
Try browsing a thread I created a while ago with the same problem. The rear brake's flexi hose nuts get proper rusty and hard to remove, but I managed to do 'em in the end.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78797

big gra
09-07-07, 07:44 PM
well its at the garage as we speak, geting new brake lines in the morning!!