PDA

View Full Version : facebook

simonr1
06-07-07, 08:57 AM
anyone use face book?

bump
06-07-07, 09:21 AM
Yep, I use both facebook and myspace. I wish all my mates could migrate to one.

simonr1
06-07-07, 09:29 AM
cool, im on there, still trying to get the hang of it! lol, where in bristol are you?

bump
06-07-07, 09:32 AM
I'm in south Bristol, Tobacco factory is a reasoable landmark.

simonr1
06-07-07, 09:41 AM
i used to work near there i think! near the subaru garage?

hendrix
06-07-07, 10:05 AM
yep am on it

Alex.
06-07-07, 10:07 AM
Yep, I use both facebook and myspace. I wish all my mates could migrate to one.

Agreed. I'm on myspace, facebook, bebo and faceparty. lol

Jack
06-07-07, 10:08 AM
I got coerced into using myspace as well lol

Ones enough for me. I think I signed up to facebook just so I could view someone's profile on there (most of those crappy sites don't let you view profiles unless you're registered, aside from good ol' faceparty), but it kept asking me for my email address and email account password so it could "use my address book to look for friends"... fcuk that for a game of soldiers, I'm not giving out passwords willy-nilly so my address book gets raped and spammed. I get enough "xxx has invited you to join another socially retarded website for pre-pubescent teenage girls" as it is. In fact I don't even think my hotmail address book is up to date, and i don't keep many addresses in my gmail, so the exercise is totally pointless. If I want to look for a friend, I'll tell you their email address rather than let some computer program scan my address book and try to tell ME who I want to find! If you must have a spambot engine that eats address books and spews out mail, fine, go ahead, I'm sure there are plenty of the aforementioned dappy braindead teenies who don't have a clue about computer security, but personally I'd rather have the option to search for the person I'm actually looking for without having to sign over control of my personal email address! Its like going to a supermarket to buy a tin of beans and sausages - which I hasten to add are tasty AND convenient - and having to leave your house keys with the shop assistant, who goes to your house, makes a list of EVERYTHING you "need", then gets the supermarket to fill your cupboards with tinned spam and spaghetti hoops! And if I came home to a myriad of spaghetti hoops I'd be seriously annoyed! :mad:

/rant

Jack
06-07-07, 10:09 AM
Agreed. I'm on myspace, facebook, bebo and faceparty. lol
WHY! All your friends are the same on them! lol

simonr1
06-07-07, 10:36 AM
what groups are you all in on face book then? anyone wanna add me? lol

Alex.
06-07-07, 10:37 AM
Feel better darling? :roll:lol
No, I have a different lot of friends on each one

simonr1
06-07-07, 10:38 AM
lol good rant, feel better now chap?

bump
06-07-07, 11:39 AM
i used to work near there i think! near the subaru garage?

I think that your thinking of the one that makes tobacco as opposed to the one that serves beer :tard:

Mike
06-07-07, 11:49 AM
lol good rant, feel better now chap?

was gonna say, thats the second rant by jack ive read this morning? Both were posted this morning too lol

Anyway, i deleted my faceparty account as F/P is for gheyers :thumb:

simonr1
06-07-07, 11:54 AM
ah!:roll:

I think that your thinking of the one that makes tobacco as opposed to the one that serves beer :tard: